Tunisian Tech Series

I just ordered a Susan Bates J hook. Looking forward to giving this a try!

Yay!!! :slight_smile: What yarn will joy use?

So glad you will be joining us on this journey!! Looking forward to seeing your projects.

@Char I’ll be using either Red Heart SuperSaver or Caron Simply Soft. Hopefully, I have enough coordinating colors to make a lapghan. Last night I meant to look at my yarn to see what I have, but I got distracted looking at my pattern collection instead.

@DJM and @TexasPurl Thank you!

Glad you’re joining in!

@Kathy7661 Thank you!

I decided to do a little stash busting while also practicing Tunisian so I’m making baby headbands from each stitch for my daughter’s photography. I’ll be making or buying flowers or whatever to sew in the center. These things look so adorable on new babies and Bonni has been wanting props for her baby photography. She had been doing weddings and seniors mostly but wants to get more baby gigs so I’m helping out in whatever little ways I can. I need to make Santa elf hats too but I’ll have to buy yarn for that.

IMG_20200908_195052.jpg

That will look so cute on a baby. Very nice!

@TeaNSugar Thank you!

I think the afghan hook I ordered is arriving by pony express. I got notified it shipped today, but the expected arrival date is a whole week from today. :rolleyes:

I ordered a set a while ago and they said they were delivered to a “resident” on my property but nobody here got it. I live out in the middle of nowhere so I guess they delivered it to the wrong place. I reported it and they refunded the money but I haven’t had the heart to reorder yet. I’m using a free hook that I got in a Knitcrate for my squares and for my little head bands iI’m just using a regular crochet hook. But I really do want to get some more sizes of actual tunisian hooks. Walmart used to carry them but they don’t have them now.

@KnitsWithHorses That’s too bad about not getting the package. Which set did you order? I was looking at reviews on YouTube, but I couldn’t really determine which brand I might like the best. This is important research in case I get hooked on Tunisian. :slight_smile:

Adorable,you could make different colored flowers to attach and make them removable for all different occasions.

Here’s hoping it comes sooner. If you have a favorite brand of hooks or needles you might look to see if they have any interchangeable sets.

Nicely done!

So cute! I made a multitude of those for Christmas last year. They work up quick & look great!

We’ll keep our fingers crossed in hopes it shows up sooner than expected.

@TeaNSugar I ordered the set from Love2Crochet with the interchangeable cords.

@DJM Great idea!