Tunisian Tech Series

No worries! I’m happy to try to answer all questions. Let hope I give you some sound advice! :slight_smile:

You will need the extended hook, however, you can easily do this project with the budget set in the first pic in Tunisian Hooks thread: https://fiberkind.com/forum/crochet/tunisian-aa/66946-tunisian-crochet-hooks

Here’s a link to them on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Crochet-Assorted-Tunisian-Aluminum-Knitting/dp/B0796QXFWL/ref=sr_1_2?crid=21QHV5VO3EU10&dchild=1&keywords=tunisian+crochet+hook&qid=1597680933&sprefix=tunis%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-2

Thank you @TexasPurl.
I think I have what I need. I have metal single hooks in length sizes… 9 and 14 inches in length.
They weren’t new when I got them.
Woo hoo for hand me downs.
It will be a great way to try out the new stitches.
Thanks again.

@TexasPurl

Please forgive me if this has been asked somewhere and I missed it.

~How many squares will we be making? or ~How many stitches will you all be teaching us?

This info will help me to know: how large the end project will be, and if I should make more than one square during the week.

Thank you again for organizing this.
Stay well.

I don’t have a solid number of stitches to be included. I can tell you it will be no less that 20 stitches/stitch combinations. I thought I would keep posting techniques and patterns as I find them & experiment with them.

@TexasPurl
Thank you for answering.
“No less than 20…” Was extremely helpful.

I should have added…many of those 20 stitches & their variations can be worked with color changes to offer a very different look. We’ll touch on that as well, once we learn the stitches.

I’m so looking forward to all the new stitches and color changes.

@Kathy7661 ~ don’t you just hate when that happens?!

@TexasPurl Yes! :wink:

@Kathy7661 I have yarn to send! :slight_smile: (laughs mockingly towards @TexasPurl hehehe)

@Char ~ How nice of you to offer your stash to a fellow stitcher!

When does that next yarn shipment arrive?

@TexasPurl - Thursday. blush

My lil sample swatch to see if I did indeed want to use this soft baby yarn for this series. Guess I’m jumping in! I’ll post week one later today In that thread hopefully
Edited to add: I have the Clover interchangeable hooks very similar to the Denise interchangeable set I can’t remember why I chose them over the Denise set (possibly I think it was the cord options I liked better) but I quite enjoy them so far!

03ba78495c7ea89df133260ba263f45cjpg.jpg

The color is so pretty, looking forward to seeing the finished block.

Glad you’re joining in!!

Thank you both!

Oh dear I’ve hit a snag. I finished my square and my beginning chain and foundation row are blossomed out so much larger and farther than my ending bind off. I didn’t lose stitches it just seems that my habit of a loose chain has come back to bite me. Will have to try again with a tighter chaining foundation row and a bigger hook for the rest of the square maybe. At least I know I have neat edges and consistent tension in the body of the square.

Glad to see you decided to join in! Welcome!
If you’re happy with the body of the square, consider casting on with a hook 2 times smaller & work your foundation row with that hook. Change to the hook size that made the happy square for the remainder of the piece.

@TexasPurl thank you for the tip! It works up so quick I’ll be starting on reworking week 1 here shortly and hopefully 2nd times the charm with my foundation row. It’s just been hammered into my head for years that a loose foundation chain is better but not when working Tunisian for me clearly.

Welcome to the party. :o)
What did you think of using the baby yarn?
Do you like the results?