Spin de Fleece 2021 - CHATTER & Show n Tell (during Tour)

I enjoyed visiting with you and Tara Saturday night! Enjoy your birthday week! Happy Birthday, by the way (not sure what day it is–so I’ll just go ahead and say it. :slight_smile: ) That is a cute little cottage and the perfect place for a birthday week/spinning retreat!

Well I haven’t spun a lot, but I have managed a few minutes each day. 10 minutes Saturday and 10 Sunday. Then I changed to a different fiber because I wanted something super easy and enjoyable. 15 minutes Monday and 30 minutes Tuesday. I’m getting ready to spin now.
it is an Edgewood Garden Studio roving…merino with silk. I’ll try for a picture tomorrow.

Glad you had a little spinning ready for the road - looks good too - you are spinning pretty fine and that takes time. Pretty camping spot!

I’m glad you are able to spin a little each day. We would love pictures of what you’ve been doing.

If you would like, you can post your times and progress in our checkpoint thread. That’s where we are posting so that we can gather statistics for our group for fun, but also to check in for our prizes.

Here is my first bobbin. One braid of singles done. :slight_smile:

0629211902_2_Signature.jpg

@Sommerfugl Is this your homemade spindle? It’s absolutely gorgeous.

[SIZE=18px]Our first prize winner is a random selection of those who posted in the threads (either chatter or checkpoint) on Saturday and Sunday (Day 1 & 2) of our Spin de Fleece.

Those who were eligible for this prize are:

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px](Spice2s & Crosstitchlinda have opted out of this drawing)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18px]I used a random number generator, and the winner is:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18px]Congratulations to RKENNELL!

Since you have supplied the prize for this drawing (The notions set - see photo below, copied from the Prize thread.), you can either keep that prize, or I can award you with a drawstring bag and we can move the notions prize to another drawing. Please let me know which you prefer.[/SIZE]

ETA - RKennell has chosen to have the drawstring bag, since she is the one to donate the notions package. :slight_smile:

kickoff drawing list.jpg

kickoff drawing random.jpg

KikiKnits - sounds like you’re finding some time each day–that’s great! Looking forward to the pictures!

Thank you!!

Thank you @rkennell :slight_smile:

@Spice2s Yes this is one of them. thank you!
I have a bunch of these and have fun decorating them. I like them, they work well for me. though admittedly they are the only spindles I have ever used, so I might not be the best judge of what makes a good spindle.

Looks like a great camping spot! Your spinning looks pretty.

Fun colors!

Bobbin #2 is nearly full so tomorrow I should have a shot of my Spin de Fleece progress. It’s really weird how today’s batt was so much smoother than yesterday’s, even with the same contents and weights and number of passes, etc. Also, it’s been fun to see the tub’s contents dramatically reducing - there sure is a lot of air in 20 batts. By week’s end there will be an empty tub! Yay!

That’s gorgeous! And that looks like a huge bobbin!

Thanks, @Carlota - We got a lovely 1-inch rain Wed night; it’s starting to feel like our fields are catching up on rain, thankfully. And our yard looks much greener!

I love your little tray/cup holder!

So, I’ve been working on a button design for our Team Fiberkind 2021 Spin de Fleece. Here are some screenshots since I can’t print or have my button-making equipment with me.
Know that this is the entire button paper, including the part that is folded back, so it won’t have as much background.
Yarn wheels

Wheel wheels

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​

Screenshot 2021-07-02 11.26.20.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-02 11.15.49.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-02 11.26.47.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-02 11.16.41.jpg

I like all of them. I think I like the yarn wheels on white background best though. But there’s not a bad one in the bunch, really. All good. :slight_smile:

The next “prize” (and by 'prize" I mean recognition, not a physical prize ) is for the [SIZE=20px]first person to spin 100 grams of singles[/SIZE].

According to our check-ins and spreadsheet, we have [SIZE=16px]three [/SIZE]people who passed the 100 gram mark on [SIZE=18px]Day 4[/SIZE].

So let’s give out a “good job” and pat on the back to:

@PurlgirlButtons

@Carlota

@Spice2s

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“height”:“200”,“width”:“495”,“src”:“https://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/well-done-colorful-typography-banner-260nw-1356737636.jpg”}[/IMG2]

Way to go, y’all!!