Spin de Fleece 2021 - CHATTER & Show n Tell (during Tour)

Hello Hello,

As I am writing this, the Tour de France will start in just hours. We can use this thread for our general chatter and Show n Tell.

Feel free to show us lots and lots of pictures of what you are working on!

We Love Pictures!

We also just love hearing how you are doing. So chatter away.

image_13182.jpg

So looking forward to some time to just “sit (and spin) a spell”! Today’s a rainy day (and we NEED the rain desperately, so we’re enjoying it), so this afternoon I’ll break out my wheel and go to peddlin’–er, treadlin’!! Hey, it IS the Tour de France time as well, right?? Betsy (Ross) is waiting…

22496171_10212689832513869_156002699122644185_o.jpg

This sweater spin project has been 3 years in the making - from raw fleece to twenty 1-ounce batts from a rooed Shetland fleece from west Texas. Earlier in the spring I did a bunch of samples and today’s sample (on the little recipe card) has my distillation of what I will try to spin. I have plenty of storage bobbins this time and will rewind and ply first and last bobbins together. This morning I oiled up and got going and will finish my first batt and try to spin about one batt per day. Here are my batts and samples so far. Bobbin shots later.

PXL_20210608_164748901.jpg

PXL_20210626_211239194.jpg

Oh, it looks so nice and tempting the way you have it all laid out! Nice work!

Thanks @rkennell - yes, it is Tour de France time too - I haven’t tuned in but would like to. I’m spinning where I have the most light - dark out today. Hope you got some rain.

Today’s progress - pleasant to spin and tomorrow should go faster with everything already in motion…

PXL_20210626_225128756.jpg

Looks like you are well prepared !

Hey Hey Hey !

Anyone spinning tonight and want to chat a bit too ?

Please join us for the

[SIZE=16px]Spin de Fleece Kick-Off - Group Video Call
Saturday, June 26 · 7:00 – 9:00pm Central Time
Google Meet joining info - Video call link: https://meet.google.com/sam-oojk-iut

I’ve got the room open and am waiting to see who will show up! (While I get my spinning area prepared … I just got home and haven’t had a chance to prepare anything yet![/SIZE]

I will just say hello here - am up to my elbows in pizza dough and will be tied up - but will try to join you another time during the SdF if I can.

This looks so pretty, and inviting! :slight_smile:

I started spinning my braid today. I remembered to weigh my spindle first so I can keep track of grams spun.
I’ve managed to spin around 35 minutes so far. about half of it in the basement waiting for a particularly nasty bit of storm with rotation to blow over, it didn’t turn into a tornado, just lots and lots of rain.

I spun for 30 min today. I hope to average 10 min per day. With traveling and visiting that is all I can promise. I’"m working on a purchased batt that has lots of "stuff: BFL, Silk, noils, Flax, Nylon, angelina and possibly some bamboo. I bought it at the Michigan Fiber Festival last time I was able to go, 2018 I think. I’m hoping to get there one day at least this summer.

Looking great! Don’t forget to post your minutes for each day in the Checkpoint thread. When have measure-able grams and yards, you can post those as well. :slight_smile:

Yum, Pizza Dough! @Carlotta Before I went low carb, I loved making bread and dough. I need to find some low carb alternatives that still taste good, just haven’t had much time to experiment yet!

That’s good progress for day 1! … Once you know the total for each day, you can post it in the Checkpoint thread. Minutes for each day, and grams and yards as you get measure-able totals.

No promises needed here. We just like to hear how you are doing ! 30 minutes for day 1 sounds great!

We had a good Kick-Off last night, thanks @Spice2s ! Looking forward to more spinning after I get the lawn mowed this afternoon. It’s very humid here today, but I may be able to take over the spare bedroom which has an A/C (I’m not so much worried about me, but don’t think the humidity would be good for my wheel! I brought my Nano with me as well, so may get that out to do some porch spinning.

We had a good Kick-Off last night, thanks @Spice2s! Looking forward to more spinning after I get the lawn mowed this afternoon. It’s very humid here today, but I may be able to take over the spare bedroom which has an A/C (I’m not so much worried about me, but don’t think the humidity would be good for my wheel! I brought my Nano with me as well, so may get that out to do some porch spinning on the back deck.
After doing some test spinning and swatching this week with the “Blue Jeans Polwarth” that I dyed, I am estimating that I will get at least 1000 yards of 3-ply. I’m hoping to get enough for a little vest, but we shall see.
Pictured: a little pic of my Spinning Retreat Center (Our Happy Place) and my wheel ready for SdF. I just purchased this cute metal basket at HomeGoods on Clearance!

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

That looks like a nice set up! :slight_smile: Hope you have a relaxing week there.

That’s an awesome spinning spot!