Spin de Fleece 2021 - CHATTER & Show n Tell (during Tour)

Well I do thank you! The prize is the yarn we are making!

These are very cute!

I finished spinning the merino and silk braid. I have plied maybe half and I have discovered 2 things…I love spinning on my little pollywog, but plying not so much. Second, I double plied and I think it has made the colors too muddy. So I’m not certain where to go from here. Possibly triple ply the rest or spin a white or gray to ply with it. Ok, I wound off the plied yarn and the color is not so bad. But I may try plying with white and see what I think. I will attempt a picture tomorrow.

Do we count plying time in with spinning time or separate or not at all?

Here it is.

Resized_20210703_160918.jpeg

I think it all counts.

That’s beautiful @KikiKnits ! So lustrous!

That’s beautiful KikiKnits ! So lustrous!

plying time counts :slight_smile:

I think that’s very pretty! It’s muted colors, but still pretty!

Okay, since you are the first to post a plied skein. How much have you plied so far? How much does that skein weigh? There is a prize for the first to post a 2 ply or chain ply 100 gram skein(s).

Where can I find a list of the challenge days?

The rest days are on the spreadsheet, but the challenge days are not. Maybe @Spice2s could add them?
here is a link to the post with the spreadsheet link.https://fiberkind.com/forum/spinning/spin-a-longs/98610-spin-de-fleece-2021-faq

Thanks, @crosstitchlinda!

As promised, finally another photo. I finished today’s quota and it’s time for a celebration of 3 bobbins of Shetland in triumphal arch.

PXL_20210704_184006218.jpg

It is my understanding that today is a challenge day (Sunday July 4), along with Sunday July ll. The rest days follow the challenge days. I think I got this from the Tour de France website.

The skein is 43 grams and 128 yards. I will ply the rest on another wheel. It will probably be tomorrow. So it probably doesn’t qualify…but I will post the rest when I get it all plied.

An idea thread sounds good. Of all the fingerless mitts I’ve knit I only have two pairs for myself. There is a bandana cowl I knit that didn’t take too much yarn…I will have to look it up.

Do we have to do the rest and challenge days on the same day as the race? I’m already resting today and will be ready to spin tomorrow. But I understand if we can’t switch them.

Well, maybe I will finish the plying today, that will be a challenge because I didn’t enjoy it much yesterday

I’m not a moderator but will say for myself that I have rearranged or traded out challenge/rest days before, since these are goals we set for ourselves, and sometimes travel and other commitments have to be worked around. Not sure if that would affect a prize qualification, but I do Spin de Fleece as a self-challenge anyway and it just feels good to follow through and see progress.

Oh , dear! I think I am going to swap it for tomorrow. I’m fighting a bug and already did an hour of default spinning. I want to practice my long draw when I feel more up to it.

Nice! I started on four ounces of targhee and bunny hair, but I may see if I can find my Shetland.

I have not factored in rest or challenge days in the prizes. So please rest or challenge yourself as you feel you need or want. :slight_smile: The only thing it might affect would be the total number of days spinning. That will be a random drawing of everyone with the most days spent spinning (even 5 minutes in a day would count as a “day”.)