Spin de Fleece 2021 - CHATTER & Show n Tell (during Tour)

After 3 days of spinning bobbin #1 is full enough for a share. I can’t believe this is finally happening. I washed and flicked this fleece for my first Spin de Fleece in 2019. It was in limbo waiting its turn in the drum carder, added to the fiber prep tools in 2020. It feels so good to see progress from steady work and to have the encouragement of the community.

PXL_20210628_212234744.MP.jpg

Well, relaxing may or may not be in the schedule. Today I took down the shutters (on the other 3 sides of the house). Planned meals for the week and did big groc. shopping, and cooked dinner for myself and my daughter. Tomorrow I will tackle the vines on the hedges on the perimeter. I’m also looking forward to hemming some curtains for the gazebo on our back deck. I am so excited to have that done and then I will relax…except for spinning, knitting, and cooking.

Wow, so exciting to see the first fruits of your labor. It’s gorgeous!

Thank you @PurlgirlButtons - it’s finally going in a steady way and it’s so much fun!

That looks really really good. :slight_smile:

Thanks @Spice2s! I’ve learned so much since starting on this venture in 2019.

This looks great!

Here’s my progress after the first two days.
I split the braid lengthwise, and am spinning it as two very fine high twist singles, to be plied together so as to maintain the gradient effect.

good P1010999.JPG

good P1011003.JPG

Thank you @Sommerfugl!

Gorgeous!

Thank you @Carlota :slight_smile:

That is so pretty!!!

Well, Here’s an interesting number.

Do you know what that is?

The time we have spent spinning over Day 1 and 2 of the Spin de Fleece. That’s just the 5 people who have checked in.

Well done!

Day 1 n 2 time spent.jpg

That’s amazing, and what a sweet piece of artwork!

Thank you @Spice2s :slight_smile:

Cool! I was just wondering about that.

Wow–It looks like I’m missing all the fun! I’ve been on a camping trip and tried to not do a ton of internet stuff; but now I need to read and catch up on what everyone has been doing! I DID take my spindolyn spindle along and got in some spinning time, both at the campsite and in the car while on the road. Here’s some pics. I really wasn’t going for any amount since I’m not at all a proficient spindle spinner; I use this time to just work on my spindle skills, which are sorely lacking! (I thought I took a picture of me spinning at the campsite, but apparently I just thought about taking the picture! But here’s the beautiful view I had! ) And as you can see, I didn’t get a lot done, even though I spent about 3 hours! I’m eager to get back to my spinning wheel this evening after I get done babysitting for the day. I enjoy that so much more than the spindle!

20210629_110129.jpg

20210627_165302.jpg

Amazing! Thanks for that update!

I love those colors! And excellent work!

That is some incredibly beautiful spinning and the fiber is gorgeous! I love that feeling of completion–I had a fleece last year that I processed from start to finish and actually got it all spun. Good for you for keeping track of all the details. d