Spice Market CAL

So - when I am looking at colors. It seems like I need a dark (brown, black, navy, something like that). A light (white, cream, etc), and two different types of colors, two shades each, with an additional complimentary color for each.

Am I assessing the needs correctly?

If you get into his website and look at the Spice Market CAL, he gives three possible color combos. Just to give you some ideas. I believe the link is at the top of this page.

Yes, I have seen those. :fk:. I just didn’t want to have to find all of the yarns and colors used in them to make sure my thoughts were correct - I thought I’d see if I was on the right track from what the experts here thought.

@knitter131, @TexasPurl, @Char, thanks. I think the warm earth colors appeal as a reminder of the patio kind of weather.

I converted his colors to something we could use when picking from stash. Might help. I do know that a bigger variance in the shades would be more attractive; some of the colors we picked out are very close so they don’t show the contrast as well. 1 dark, 2 colors with 3 shades and one high contrast color.

DK version
Cream
Dark navy/gray
Bright Blue/purple
Light blue/purple
Med purple/burgundy
Med sage green
Med tan
Med teal

Thread version
Orange
Dk Navy
Bright Pink
Pale Pink
Med Pink
Cream
Tan
Taupe

I tried to copy from a spreadsheet but it didn’t work. We did what you didn’t want to have to. Let me try to fix.

@pinesprairie - this is perfect! Thank you :slight_smile:

Gorgeous!!

(crochet) Hook

(yarn) line

and sinker…

three colors. White, navy and burgundy

2D830DD2-7426-4DB2-98D0-B404D5AD5139.jpeg

Yay!!! It’s beautiful!

Yay! I knew you wouldn’t hold out too much longer. LOL It’s a beauty!

What weight yarn are you using?

@TexasPurl it is lace weight. woollike yarn

Very nice!

Thanks, guys!!

Ooooweeee, gonna be a beauty!

Thanks! Won’t be nearly as stunning as all these with the increased color changes, but I wanted to give this a shot anyway.

Well, unfortunately I will not be continuing the Spice Market CAL. This is due to physical and pain issues with my wrists. I’ve had 12 surgeries on my hands and wrists over the years, which gives me some weakness.

​​The mosaic pattern requires me to move my wrists in such a way that I was in a lot of pain last night after just completing 1/2 of the first mosaic round. I’ve decided it isn’t worth taking the chance of causing damage to myself.

I’ve completed part 3 and the first round of part 4. Soaking and blocking later today.
Then I will post pictures.
It will make a beautiful table ornament :fk:

Oh no @knitter131 I’m so sad it causes such pain. No project is worth physical pain. I’m happy you were able to complete the center as your colors are so pretty. Looking forward to seeing it.

Good call! No point in hurting yourself. It’s nice that you can still use it and enjoy it!

I’m sorry it doesn’t work for you, the others are right, no project is worth pain. We’ll miss you here though!