Spice Market CAL

Oh, I will be around on here, I can’t wait to see. Progress photos :relaxed::relaxed:

​​​Part 5 is complete! Whew! It currently measures 17" square.

I really start to stress when I can see the cardboard tube on the inside of my thread. But I made it with a bit to spare!

Pattern alterations: Round 23: pattern does not call for sc in blo. I did anyway. Gave the end of the mosaic section the same look as the beginning.

If parts 4 & 5 become too tedious (and they can) work 2 rows per side of the square at a time. It helps break it up a bit. Or just put it down for a while.

IMG_20200209_155829.jpg

Oh @TexasPurl, it’s gorgeous! I can see that it can get a bit tedious (but so worth it). Also glad you had enough thread. Thanks for your suggestions, they are helpful. Mine’s sitting again until mid-week.

Thank you! @knitter131 & @pinesprairie :relaxed:

It’s been a very nice project to work up.

Wow! This is beautiful!!! :-). Glad you made it through this part. Are you excited to start the next section or excited to take a bit of a break?

Wow,wow,wow! Just gorgeous!

I am working on the last round of part 3. I am wondering if I can work on this as I work today or if it will be too difficult to continue once I’m working. I have a lot of down time when it comes to this time of year - still working, just “watching” more than “doing”. hmmmm

It should be workable. It’s dc’s all the way around. Maybe place stitch markers every 20 stitches or so in case you get interrupted.

Looking forward to seeing it!

I found myself counting the stitches each round as I worked along, just to make sure I had the right number. I agree with @TexasPurl, markers may help you keep track easier.

For some reason I just got curious as to what the back of this looks like.
Would you describe it as being similar to the back of a cross stitch pattern or the back of a fair isle pattern?

Neither really, Parts 1-3 look similar front to back though the front has more texture. The mosaic rounds have alternating rows of color on the back. I’ll post a picture of the back when I get home today.

@hereami - here is a front side - I just started row 2 of part four (the mosaic section).

Here is the back side:

so - some of the detail is lost but still pretty. Of course multiple colors also changes the appearance. :slight_smile:

AB1AFC6A-EA35-41C0-89D9-1C4A42854B2C.jpeg

4B16AD1F-F527-43A0-8FF7-411A481DE644.jpeg

Looks great!

Woo Hoo! You’re just moving right along! It looks fabulous.

Beautiful!

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

@TexasPurl - I am taking your suggestion in doing one side for two rows, then switching sides. Breaking it up a little. :slight_smile:

@Char - I hope that method helps!

Thank you for taking the time to show us the front and back of your lovely work.
If I would have thought about it another few minutes I might have thought that it would look so similar on both sides.
…I am raising young adults and my brain is going mushy. Today I actually thought about selling my home and buying a smaller one. One that wouldn’t hold all of us…
Thanks again for putting up with my question and sending the pictures.
I am really thinking about making this my next ‘big’ project. It looks like it would use up a lot of the single skeins I have around here.

@hereami - I totally get the young adults - they keep us hopping don’t they?

Would love to have you along for this! Obviously I’m running solo on just three colors instead of the multiple colors, but I’m happy enough with the results.

Likely would be a good stash buster especially if you have complimentary colors in case you ran out of skein before the end of a blanket. Most of the colors only would need one skein, but some of them require multiples. :slight_smile:

It’s looking so good @Char ! I actually like the 3 colors; it creates such a different feel for the same pattern.

@hereami, this is a really fun make so c’mon and join us! We’d love to see your version. Mine is made from stash and it is indeed, a great buster. I’m not sure if I’m going to have enough of each color to follow the pattern changes exactly, but as Char said, if you have enough complimentary colors, you can blend them in. This is my “reward” project - I can only work on it when I’ve made darn good progress on or finished a UFO so I’ll be here a while.

Here’s my part 3. I can’t wait to start part 4! :slight_smile:

Part 3.jpg