Sophie's Universe 5 Year Anniversary

Oh my! Sophie is coming along beautifully!

It’s beautiful!!!

Oooooooh, so preeettty! I can’t get over that you’re using stash. How big is she now?

Thanks, everyone! @pinesprairie the size is approx 16” square, and it already weighs almost 150 grams. I have over 20 colors of this yarn, all in solid colors. It’s fun to decide what to use next. Char had five skeins of colors I didn’t have, so I bought those from her. All the rest is mine.

@knitter131 I’m so impressed. My family and all of theirs live up here where it gets so cold that the weight of the blanket is a desirable thing. They always ask for worsted. After seeing how crisp and neat finer weight yarns look, I’m really wanting to try it. I’d have to double up on rounds or something as it wouldn’t get big enough to pass any kind of ‘big enough’ (cover head to toes with room to tuck under the feet) test.

I’m waiting for the next pic!

@pinesprairie I need to finish my HOS Phoenix before I start thinking about another blanket and I just started a HOS Atlanticus with my granddaughter so it could be a way down the track at this rate!

@Bunyip You mean the CAL? And I somehow missed that? I’m looking at it with my eyes closed, it’s the only way I can get one thing finished, especially when I make blankets like you. Have you posted pics somewhere? I’d love to see!

Here is my “Sophie’s Universe” after completing Section 7 of 20. It was recommended that we block the blanket after this section, as it tended to curl. The Cascade Heritage Sock yarn tends to soften up a lot after a wet blocking, and I’m hoping I can still work the last couple of rounds. Anyway, it is now at about 24” after blocking. This picture shows about 1/2 of the blanket.

EBA561E7-588A-4F9B-9C5D-C077DD8E03F8.jpeg

I’m in love!!! It’s so colorful and cheery, makes me happy!

So beautiful!

It’s lovely, I love the stitch detail work you have accomplished.

Breathtaking!

Wow, it’s absolutely gorgeous!!

@knitter131
Sorry to reply about a month late, life kinda got in the way. Your work is absolutely lovely.
I love your colors and the order of them. Looking at this makes me immediately think of a garden.

Have you done any more work on this?

@Monchichi - you might find some help in this group - we have a few folks working, or did work, on the blanket. :slight_smile:

you might consider posing your question here.

@Monchichi I set mine into a time out for a while so I could work on other things. I’m working in part 8, and I’d be happy to assist you if it’s in a row I’ve completed. I think @TexasPurl got further along on this blanket, she may also be able to help you.

@Char Thank you! Below is my current project, and then the one I was trying to emulate. I’m using worsted yarn and I’m guessing the other one may be bulky. However, I can see she added many circular rounds after #24. I’m not creatively savvy enough to know what to add at this point. I need it to be larger and would prefer to keep it circular instead of squaring it like the pattern calls for after round #24.

357eff7febd6c8a5cf3ed1e1071b7368jpg.jpg

39878ebc1123b90436983fa483e0dea6jpg.jpg

@Monchichi, give me a few minutes and I will link you to some options.

https://us.deramores.com/blogs/desig…ls-and-crochet - these are paid patterns but you have to consider the $ conversion rate.

https://keitopalette.wordpress.com/around-the-bases/ - even though this one is square, you can follow the normal circle increase guide and add to it.

I’m remembering a couple more but can’t find them right now. I’ll keep looking.

https://www.lillabjorncrochet.com/p/…tpopulars.html has done quite a bit with circulars as well as Frank O’Randle - you can search for Circle of Change, Tides of Change, etc. He used to have his patterns available other than on “R” but I’m not certain that’s still the case.

http://com.yarnspirations.pattern-pd…tree-skirt.pdf is another one you can tweak according to what you want to do. If you search for Christmas Tree skirts, you’ll come up with some other options.

Hope this helps.

Beautiful. I love the colors you are using.

Beautiful!