Sophie's Universe 5 Year Anniversary

Thanks @DJM

@knitter131 ~ I realized why I probably stopped working on it when I pulled it out. It’s crazy heavy. I wish I had leftover sock yarn as you do. There’s no way I would make the full size in worsted. Your colors will really stand out as you get further along. It’s gonna be gorgeous!

This is beautiful! :slight_smile:

@knitter131 - my yarn store is open… lol

@Char oh Yay! @TexasPurl there’s no way I could knit this in worsted. The sock yarn is stash from previous socks and other items I made.

Here’s mine through section 4, missing the last row of the section. I’m into section 5 now

A1F06C95-5776-493E-A15D-B26EC361E90D.jpeg

I love your colors, it is lovely.

That blue/ green really sets it off. Love it.

Where can we get the pattern?

Click on “Look What I Made” in the title thread above.

Thank you! Yes, I found the pattern there finally, and it took some sleuthing but now I can begin.

OH WOW! Good to hear the advice about not using worsted cause that’s what I’d been thinking…not now tho!

I missed one day and look at you go! Each round just grows it so nicely.

I’ll be watching with great anticipation!

Beautiful!!

Looks great!!

I’m using fingering, and in the middle of section 5 it already weighs 114 grams!

I am tempted to have another go - I finished my Sophie in March (she was all but finished before Christmas but there was a problem with my last side on the last row - I lost at yarn chicken and moved continents) and she is lovely. I was thinking I would like one in a plain colour the next time, maybe!

@Bunyip, I lost at my at my last round of yarn chicken as well so feel your pain. Where did you move to?
And those single color ones are something else entirely! I’d love to see it if you do give another go, it’s so fun watching all the progress.

@pinesprairie I moved from UK to Australia - and I had to wait until she arrived in one of our boxes before I could knock off that last side! I have discovered other blankets in the meantime and am very conscious that they not only take up a lot of space they really can be quite redundant in Australia LOL

@Bunyip Australia! How wonderful, I want to go there someday. You definitely need to do a Sophie in a lightweight cotton, have you tried any from Bendigo Woolen Mills there?

Finished through section 5, taking a little break to make some scarves and finish up a couple of WIP’s.

FA25A2D0-A574-4E0A-AF67-A7013218A813.jpeg