Shawlette/Shawl MAL - Chatter

I also tried this pattern at one point and got stuck getting it off the ground. Life is too short I moved on and worked on something else. :wink:

@chrisz - I wonder what you got stuck on. That is one of my favorite patterns. If you want to try it again, I would try to help you if you described the problem.

@lovetostitch thatā€™s so kind. Thank you. I may pick that one up again once Iā€™m done with my current shawl. Iā€™ll keep you on my radar if I get stuck! :wink:

Is anyone working on a shawl/shawlette? I finally finished up my other projects and can now get back to work on my Pimpeliese shawl.

I am not currently, but very much plan to after my extremely busy season is over (so - middle of next month, maybe sooner). Right now at the end of the day I am pretty brain dead and canā€™t concentrate that much on a pattern.

Yepper! Just finished Darwin Shawl by Very Busy Monkey. Itā€™s currently on the blocking board. Hope to take a pic and post later. Currently working on Brickless by Martina Behm.

Oh, Darwin is pretty. I canā€™t wait to see your picture of your finished shawl. I love Martina Behmā€™s designs.

My Pimpeliese progress so far. The yarn does have a silver sparkle.

D0F84F1C-E8B7-42BB-89B2-6C4CBB93D1A2.jpeg

Beautiful! May I ask what yarn youā€™re using?

It is Wool2Dye4ā€™s Shimmer Fingering dyed with Teal Wilton Icing Color. It is 90% SW Merino and 10% Lurex. This is the first time Iā€™ve tried yarn with Lurex (as compared to Stellina). I like the Lurex better. I wish it showed up in the picture.

I was but I frogged it, just wasnā€™t happy with the results.

@knitter131 - What pattern was it? Iā€™m enjoying this Pimpeliese pattern. I donā€™t like them to be too lacy because I wear them like scarves and too many lacy holes lets in cold air! I love the patterns with a solid top and a lacy edge and Pimpeliese is perfect.

@lovestostitch, I donā€™t remember the name, and I removed it from my dropbox being as I didnā€™t like it. I remember it just didnā€™t lay right. Wouldnā€™t block into correct shape.

@knitter131 - Was the yarn wool or acrylic? Iā€™ve always had great success with blocking wool. If you liked the pattern and used acrylic, you might get good results if you try again with wool.

@lovestostitch, it was a beautiful hand dyed wool, Lornaā€™s Laces sock weight.

@knitter131 - Bummer. There goes that suggestion. I wonder what it was about the pattern that caused such a problem. Was it for you? Were you wanting something lacy or more solid?

It was solid stockinette stitch with a bit of lacy pattern. I usually do patterns with garter stitch and they lay fine. It Should have been a crescent shape but ended up a triangle with lace pattern upside down.

I am working on the Gallatin but because for some reason I didnā€™t extend the KP rows all the way out it looks a bit weird. Also, I took a week or so break from it and think that I messed it up. I may start overā€¦ :frowning: Blaming it on my puppy who takes up much of my time right now. Good thanks she is cute!

Reminds me of one I did that was a free version of a paid pattern. It was offered by the designer and I didnā€™t understand why anyone would pay when there was a free version. When I was done, I realized there was a strange point where I expected it to be a straight edge. Come to find out, you had to pay for the version that wasnā€™t weird.

Concentrating on a pattern and supervising a puppy would be hard! Enjoy the puppy days. They grow so fast.