Shawlette/Shawl MAL - Chatter

@lovestostitch, gorgeous dye job! What you said about the Lurex v Stellina is intriguing - oh darn, guess I’ll have to go seek out yarn with Lurex now. LOL! Looking forward to seeing your finished project!

@Woolfan - I read an article on Wool2dye4 about dyeing Stellina and it was in regards to not dulling the Stellina with too much acid. The Lurex seems more silvery to me after dyeing as compared to Stellina yarns I have dyed. I was careful about not over acidifying it. Wool2dye4 should be having their 5 pack event in the Spring. That is the best time for non-professionals to buy because normally you have to buy 10 skeins of each type. I got the Lurex one in one of their special promotions where they were selling just one skein of a type. When I order during the 5 pack event, I always check for interesting one skein offerings.

Beautiful start! I made one couple years ago, good straightforward pattern.

I started knitting a few rows, but I don’t like the result. The grey yarn is thicker than purple. While I am thinking of solving this issue, I am working on completing the other 4 projects (socks, hat, cardigan and dress).

I think it will be one of my favorites for wearing for warmth. Right now my favorite warm one is a Leftie. It is nice and solid. Leftie is a really interesting pattern in that it looks so different depending on your color choices.

That’s going to be gorgeous. I love that yarn.

That is frustrating. Did you like the colors together? Maybe you could do a different pattern like one where an increased height on the solid color could be a feature. I’m thinking something like Leftie. If you did the lines and the leafy ends in the grey, I think it might look neat if they look raised. There are a lot of other designs that would work too.

thx @lovetostitch she is getting big already!

I have some yarn I really want to use for a shawl. It has been in time out since the summer. It came as a sock blank. This was my first experience using a sock blank and I wasn’t happy with the inconsistency of the stitches - so I frogged it, soaked the yarn and hung it to dry and pull out the tight kinks.

I am thinking it is time to reconsider this yarn and remake it into a shawlette. Here’s a photo of the shawlette I frogged.

793C691E-AB2B-440C-A4CB-D6958C893710.jpeg

Is this a picture of the pattern you want to make?

@FreedomLover - actually this is a picture of the shawlette I made and frogged. :frowning:

(I edited my post to clarify)

The colors are gorgeous!!

Is the yarn smoother now? Do you have a different shawl in mind?

@lovestostitch - it is definitely smoother, not 100% but not hard kinks either. More like gentle waves. I don’t have another shawl in mind. I should surf through the patterns here and check things out.

I’ve never had a problem with reusing frogged yarn - after washing and blocking. I would recommend soaking it for at least an hour and I wonder if washing helps relax the fiber. I typically use dish soap or shampoo so I soak it in the soapy solution and then soak it in clear water - and I always forget it is soaking so it gets a good soak!

I’ve passed the mid point. I’m now doing decreases. This winter has been so mild that I don’t think I will be wearing this this winter. That’s ok - I’ll take an early Spring!

DF4CFD2F-869D-45CE-8B11-C3D04DFAD26C.jpeg

I love the color! :slight_smile: Is this some you have hand dyed?

Me too, love that color!

@Kathy7661 - I wonder if it is the one from post 20 - it looks very blue there, but more teal here. :slight_smile:

I love the color, it’s going to be beautiful and fun to wear when finished. That color reminds me of spring!!