Shawl Make along

@knitterlady13 what kind of yarn is it?

I agree that purple is lovely!! :heart::heart:

What a stunning ombre!!

@Miamifiberco Isn’t it lovely?! I am very pleased with the color progression.

@Char The yarn is Wendy’s Wonders SW Merino in a 600 yard gradient. I have several skeins of this in various lengths, but this is the first time I’ve knit one up. Here’s a link to her Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WendysWonders127LLC?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=731318937

That’s a lovely pattern! It’s going to be beautiful in the Pure…one of my favorite yarns.

That’s going to be beautiful! I really love those colors.

Thank you @Miamifiberco and @knitterlady13

@knitterlady13 -
Oops - you already said that. lol. Very pretty.

Yesterday I got four circles done on my test knit (12 to
go) and made good progress on the Close to You shawl.

I was using this yarn (all one hank!) to make a pair of socks, but they speckles are so different I believe I will be turning this into another close to you shawl, two rows each half of the skein.

738A1077-4AF6-4AEC-8C6E-52A1EE1F0AD4.jpeg

7E9BAE14-74E6-4421-B740-4D8F06A0FB59.jpeg

You guys are tempting me away from my UFO pile to join the shawl fun here…

Oh you really should!!! Do you have a favorite shawl pattern you like to use?

Or…like me, if one of your UFOs is a shawl or scarf, come on in!!

Progress so far on my Papillon.

IMG_20190912_163701746.jpg

You should join us!! Do you have a shawl or scarf UFO? I joined in with a WIP.

Wow! That’s beautiful!!

Stunning!!!

Joining in this shawl-along with a project for the prayer shawl group at my parish. I’ll be using acrylic yarn as is usually the case for easy care–some of these go to nursing homes. The pattern will evolve as I knit but it will be a rectangular shape.

2019 09 21 ----Am just past the halfway point now and am pretty sure there is enough yarn to easily finish. Using worsted yarn with large needles creates such an open and light fabric but one that is wonderful to wrap up in. It is so warm & cozy.

IMG_20190915_112959_kindlephoto-52653611.jpg

IMG_20190921_115921_kindlephoto-21398390.jpg

Glad to have you on board! I also knit prayer shawls. :slight_smile:

Awesome!!! Welcome to the Make Along!

I do have an Orenberg in the UFO pile…but I’d like to do something that I’d have an even chance of finishing along with everyone else. I have a pattern called Rosebud Lace and a skein of Unplanned Peacock in hot pink that may want to get together. I’ve also promised my neice-in-law a white shawl, but haven’t chosen a pattern yet.

I may just go with the hot pink if I can figure out the beginning…