Shawl Make along

Yikes! I just realized this has already started! Maybe I’ll join y’all on the next one :slight_smile:

Oh - it goes in through October 31st. Come as you are - it is casual! We just started a couple days ago.

It just started a few days ago. I’m sure there’s no requirement to finish a project. I love craft alongs because they give me the motivation to actually work on my unfinished projects. That said, no pressure at all to join in. I’m sure there will be more events in the future.

@lsmrcd - The blues in your shawl are mesmerizing! Gorgeous! A head-turner. :slight_smile:

And at 62, I need comfort and warmth. I started wearing shawls at work before I retired. I was amazed at how much better I felt with that added warmth.

@Char Ha! You never know! :wink:

@aronan - NICE! The bias looks interesting, and the drop-stitch gives me the impression that it would be a fairly quick knit.
Since I am beautiful without even trying, this is definitely the scarf for me! :wink:

That will make a beautiful shawl! Interesting to see how different the socks are turning out from the same skein.

Compared to the beautiful shawls I’ve been looking at, mine is kind of bland. I try to work two 3-row repeats per day, but now it’s getting bigger so I may only get one done. This picture is about half of it, being as it’s getting pretty big to get a good shot of the whole thing.

IMG_20190915_151011724.jpg

That’s great progress! I thought I’d finish my current project today, but I wasn’t feeling great so I took a 3 hour nap instead!

I hope you’re feeling better now.

It’s crochet? The diamond pattern is nice! Is your new shawl for a specific occasion… or for general wear…?

Very pretty!!!

I love brioche and lace shawls. I really hate pi shawls, they are not easy to wear. I prefer a crescent or shallow triangle with ends long enough to wrap around and keep my shawl on nicely. I plan to finish the pattern writhing for my shawl and knit a second updated version :slight_smile:

29954492b7e3dad6aaeb910917c7958djpg.jpg

This is so beautiful!!! You have designer skills for sure!

@Char thanks! I just knit what I wanted and couldn’t find… Now the real work is getting everything written up :slight_smile:

I know it’s just a typo, but sometimes, it really is writhing!!! :rolleyes::eek::wink:

Well, I have made good progress on my test knit -
only 6 or 7 large circles to go on the cabling. :rolleyes: I
am beginning to have my doubts about how well it will block. Hmmm

E781F98C-AC65-4C17-B140-1A8D828C33DD.jpeg

And making good progress on my close to you shawl.

1AF7B8D4-E1B6-405D-AF63-C6848BF73543.jpeg

Oh, I love that! Usually triangular shawls are on the skimpy side :slight_smile: