Shawl Make along

Lovely ombre effect! :slight_smile:

Ooooooh! :slight_smile:
The cables look super-comforting.
And I like the berry colors in the variegated yarn.
I’d say it’s well worth the time, @Char!
:slight_smile:

@qfknit - thank you!!! I try to get one or two cable sections done (usually don’t make it) a day. Need to do today’s portion.

I was too busy getting my other shawl started and casting on toes of socks. Lol

Thank you all, not sure how to reply directly lol! sorry!

Here is a few how-to pictorials that may help you get started…

https://fiberkind.com/forum/general/tech-support/22801-how-to’s-and-faq-s

If you want to know something that you don’t see - let me know and I’ll create one! (If I know how that is. Lol)

@Miamifiberco - I’m struggling honestly. I much prefer fingering weight shawls (or so I am learning with this shawl.) I should probably switch needles - that will help too I think.

Here’s the beginning of my shawl. Berroco Comfort Sock in Gray. If you look closely you’ll see the pattern repeat.

IMG_20190912_165459704.jpg

Well said, @Zibeline !
While I sometimes still enjoy the fancier things, I have a growing appreciation for things which give comfort.
:slight_smile:

Well, I behaved and did 1.5 circles before proceeding to my toe up socks this evening. 5 down, 15 to go… at this rate I’ll have it done… next weekend. Maybe I’ll up my game a little. :wink:

Sounds like great progress to me! :slight_smile:

Is that worsted weight? Yes needles make a big difference IMO, are you using a cable needle? I’ve found a preference for a DPN as my “cable needle” if I use one at all… I know it can be daunting when you just aren’t feeling it. Maybe a quick hat or the like to get your mojo going? :heart:

Here’s the start of another shawl I am making. :rolleyes:

DA384C58-3515-402F-9A5A-83A5DB53684B.jpeg

Gosh - that yarn is beautiful!

@knitter131 - thank you :slight_smile:

Looks like a very intriguing construction! And I agree, the yarn is lovely!

Even though I have a LOT of projects that need to be completed soon, I’ve decided to give it a go! But instead of starting something new, I’m going to pick up a project that was put into hibernation a long time ago. It is Foreign Correspondent and I can’t find the pattern anywhere but “R” so I won’t post a link. I started this several YEARS ago and it has been hiding in a project bag for too long. So I’m going to try to work on it. No guarantees, but, I’m gonna give it a shot!

I’m pretty sure I’m a little farther along than the photo shows. Yarn is Wollmeise Pure in Mielstein (sp?)

TravellersScarf_medium.jpg

Wow - such a lovely purple!!! Glad you brought it forward to knit along with us!!!

I have had a bunch of time to knit the last 2 days and have made quite a lot of progress on my Fanged shawl. There are too many stitches on my needles to show they lovely shaping but I thought I’d post a picture at that showed the color progression.

20190913_131504.jpg

Very nice! What a beautiful change of colors in your yarn cake!

Thank you! I wish the photo did justice to the color changes. They are exceptionally smooth. The yarn itself is a bit splitty/loosely plied, but the dye treatment makes up for that. (I usually prefer a more tightly plied, very smooth yarn, but I’d buy this again.) @Char