Rockin’ Rookies

I spent a good part of the afternoon fighting with my bobbins, but almost emptied 3 partials onto this one. I think I need a better brake system on my shoebox lazy kate, lol!

IMG_2304.JPG

Day 7 I finished my second of three bobbins! I’m so excited to see how this looks plied up.

67de6c00385af4478055ff71bef88bedjpg.jpg

Knocking out my day’s spinning early and added to a bobbin in progress, just some Corriedale mix that I hand-dyed a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_2305.JPG

This is so pretty! I hope you’ll post a picture in the skein form to show all the other colors in there.

Woohoo! Can’t wait to see it plied!

I love your colors! (and your choice of website in the background!)

I agree–I’d love to see it in the skein!

I second @rkennell 's comments.

That’s already beautiful but when plied it will be amazing!

That hand dyeing was an accomplishment and look how neat it is spun.

Week 2, Day 2: I fixed my lazy kate with a better brake system and the plying went more smoothly, was able to do the second half (onto 2 separate bobbins because it stopped taking up) and it was 2 oz, so together I have 3.9 oz, 110 gm. It’s kinda thin, so maybe it will be good for Fair Isle, but I haven’t washed any of it yet. Might take the first one off the bobbin today if there is time and inclination. We are moving our son to college this weekend, so busy busy busy. I hope you all have a great Holiday Weekend! -PGB
[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​

Wow, you got a lot accomplished ahead of your busy weekend. Yarn does tend to puff up to varying degrees when washed. All the best on the move to school!

Thanks, @Carlota, it is a little bit stressful, but we are hoping for the best!

Working on some more of my hand dyed Corrie-mix. Trying to get it thick (er) so I can bang out a coaster or two for a birthday gift. I hope this looks Fall-ish…
And my (over) plied yarn

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

Definitely says Fall! Gorgeous!

I really like both of these. You say your yarn is overspun, have you washed and thwacked it yet? I know that always helps my yarn even out.

SdF Week 2, Day 6: I started a new fiber having finished the little hank of red, orange, and yellow Corrie-mix. I started some more Polwarth dyed by Banshee Fiber Art Studio. Love, love, love it. I am trying to spin thicker and less tightly, and it is working so far. This is not sock yarn, so I want it to be squooshy.

IMG_2329 (1).JPG

IMG_2330.JPG

Oooh lovely and it does look like you have a lot of nice squish in it. I also need to practice thicker, less twisted singles (to remain as singles). Your Corrie-mix is very nice - do you have plans for it?

@Carlota, this is the one with which I am going to try to make a quick birthday gift,

A hand made gift with at least 2 or 3 layers of effort - wow - that will be so nice!