Rockin’ Rookies

Yes, Snortimer’s Hub is the company I got my other ones from, I couldn’t think of the name. I made a new tensioner for those, but they did make a racket. I ended up buying more from Maurice.

I agree - beautiful - that’s where I say it’s all good or in this case marvelous!

I get much less spinning done on the weekdays because work…but Day 3 I got at least 15 minutes in. This is for my second of three bobbins.

f68305ca317f416b8087801d32237cefjpg.jpg

You are cruising through it pretty fast, though for such a fine spin. We’ll just have to be patient to see the end result. :slight_smile:

How do you get the colored titles at the end of your post ? The stashbuster mal and the spin de fleece line ?

@Spice2s. Click on your name button at the top right corner of your screen, on the drop-down menu choose user settings. From there click the ACCOUNT tab which is to the right of
PROFILE. Scroll down the page to You should see Conversation Detail Options. Click on Edit Post Signature. A window should open where you can type whatever you want and a toolbar above it gives you options to change the size, font, color of text, etc. Make sure you hit ALL of the save buttons, there is one at the bottom of that box, THEN at the top of the screen after you click OK, there is a SAVE CHANGES
button. I hope this helps, let me know if you need any trouble-shooting. :slight_smile:

My week so far…I am spending way too much time spinning! Time to go knit on my socks. :yarn:

IMG_2297.jpg

Ooooh, that’s fantastic!!! Beautiful.

This is beautiful!

That is beautiful! Do you have a project in mind already?

No, not really, but I do have 3 sisters who might like a little something for Christmas! (I have 2 more braids from Banshee Fiber Arts.)

You’ll be glad to have all this yarn when you start in on those Christmas presents! You’re churning out some serious yarn!

Days 4, 5, and 6. Not nearly so much spinning time during the work week but I’m meeting my 15+ minutes a day every day so I’m happy with that. Still working my way through bobbin 2 of 3.

54d57c88f9f5d35882f714f7d6d8ee71jpg.jpg

That is so cute how you showed your bobbin filling up - pretty spinning!

@Carlota I felt bad posting such minor changes every day so I thought it would be better to combine a few days.

@purgirlbuttons you have some lucky sisters!

@Shauna825 - no worries. I’m still on my first bobbin as well. It looks like you’re doing a pretty fine spin, so it will take longer. And considering you’re also working during the day, give yourself a huge pat on the back for what you’ve accomplished!

Yes, that is a great way to keep track…much neater than my scribbles on paper taped to the bobbin!
hahaha

Day 6, ready to ply and I’m wondering if I should attempt putting them all together because I don’t love knitting thin yarn unless it is socks, but then again, my little wheel may not be able to handle it…I’m never going to know unless I try. But perhaps that is a test for another day, perhaps some plain yarn. I don’t have many bobbins, though, so I may just need to do a 3-ply and get my bobbins empty.

IMG_2302.JPG

I would think you could do it if you have a couple of empties to ply onto. You may fill more than one bobbin with plied yarn before all 3 bobbins of singles run out. I’m on my first longer spin and there is a bit of a shuffling going on bobbin wise. Practicing really isn’t a bad idea though if you go slowly there and stop and check your twist angle it should go fine