October 2022

I have not made it. The internet shows some lovely color choices. It’s kinda reminds me of a mandela pattern made with ripple like waves.
Almost like when u drop a pebble in moving water.

1 Like

Happy Monday everyone. I finished quilting 5 quilts and have 5 more to pick up from the person who does my long arming. :slight_smile:

Barbara our director came over yesterday. Another box for cutting. She also had a bunch of fabrics that were cut into 2.5” squares. Oh my goodness - so many and 90% of them are purple and cream. There are probably enough for 10 quilts, maybe more. But - 2.5” squares are an easy to piece quilt. I’ll have to come up with fun designs so I don’t get too bored.

Hope you are all having a motivated Monday!

2 Likes

Once again I’m having to replenish my stock of cotton dish rags.

3 Likes

I have to knit a few of those. (I have to work out patterns on my own…use printed patterns for sweaters, but design the small stuff myself, if only by plugging in different stitch patterns.)

2 Likes

Even though I wound up sleeping most of the day, I still managed to finish the purple and green tablet band. 10/2 perle cotton, 3 yards finished.

Next up, I’m going to try a woolen band in a heavier yarn.

7 Likes

This is so lovely. You did a fantastic job weaving this.
What will you do with it now?

Thank you! :smile: I don’t know what I’ll do with it yet. Most likely it will sit around for years, waiting for the perfect project match to come along.

3 Likes

Thursday begins our next FiberKind retreat. I am very much looking forward to it. It is a small group this time which is just fine with me!!!

Long day at work today. Council meeting days are always long.

Right now I am enjoying some quiet time on the front porch. Listening to the evening animals. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love this band. What type of loom do you use? I have an inkle loom which I love but haven’t used lately.

Basically two pieces of wood joined at a right angle with half a steel pet comb stuck in the top as a raddle. A clamp at the front for holding the finished work, warp weights at the back for tension. The drawer handles are for taking up the finished band. I’ve tried a few other ways of tensioning the warp but individually warp-weighted cards are my favorite. Easy to wind on the warp with only four threads per bobbin, easy to undo built-up twist, easy to undo and rewind if you’ve got tangling. Plus, you can remove tension on only one card at a time so the rest stay put while you’re working on one.

2 Likes

Here’s the woolen band I mentioned earlier. I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing any more on this one, as I’ve managed to pick one of the stickiest wools in my stash. Every shed opens with a cruuuuunch and my wrist is starting to ache. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Oh well, not more than an evening’s worth of work. In the photo background you can see the next band I have planned on the right side of the paper. I’ll likely revisit this pattern in the future.

3 Likes

Happy WIP Wednesday!!!

Here is one of my WIPs. Someone donated enough 2.5” squares (mostly purple and cream) to make 10-15 quilts, maybe more. This is my first top, and I don’t feel like I have made a dent.

7 Likes

Perhaps this is a silly question…sorry. Are these bands strong enough to use as a strap for a musical instrument? guitar, banjo, etc…? Would you sell them??

**As a side note.
Apparently I talk too much. (sorry)
I just got a notice that says, “You’ve posted more than 21% of the replies here, is there anyone else you would like to hear from?”

The short answer…Yes! I want to hear from Everyone!
What are you working on?
What goals are you trying to accomplish with only about 10 weeks left to this year? (shocking…I know)

1 Like

I’m not Heather, but I have used cotton bands for purse straps. I was actually thinking of making a strap for a ukelele, but Steve bought one. I haven’t done tablet weaving lately, but I really like @HeatherAthebyne 's set-up.

1 Like

Lol - YAY for chatty @hereami - I love it.

I need to get better at posting pictures. Today I am at Town Hall so I can have tomorrow off without worry.

A pattern writer sent out a message looking for testers for a quilt pattern that looks like a fair aisle yolk on a knit sweater. Of course I can add that to my list of to-do!!! I’ll pick out colors tonight and bring with me this weekend. I should start a check list. Lol

3 Likes

Not silly at all :slight_smile: They are pretty strong bands for their width. Some folks do make guitar straps. I hadn’t considered selling them, but it’s something I’ll give some thought to – if I can bear with the thought of parting from any, of course :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh, but it’s gorgeous! Your quilts always are, but I love that combination of colours.

1 Like

I do too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also love those colors, this one is so pretty! :purple_heart: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten that message on another board too and kind of freaked out a little too. But don’t worry, it just means you are keeping the conversation going! :grin:

2 Likes