October 2022

I finally finished my latest shortcut socks. This yarn is a cotton blend from Regia called Tutti Fruitti.

6 Likes

Slight change of plans for the next band. I doodled up a new design in a fit of insomnia this morning, so it’ll be something a little more exciting than the pattern in the last photo. Also thought that using my warping wheel for a 4 yd warp would work better than cutting them one at a time… which was true until it came time to separate the single-color warp bundles and assemble the multicolored groups of 4 for each bobbin. I didn’t have any catastrophic tangles but it was way more work than anticipated. Next time I’ll probably stick to a 2 yard warp unless I have something specific in mind, or I think of a better way. Some kind of creel setup would probably work…

Here are some closeups of my current raddle and bobbin spacer setup, which differs from previous photos. The white spacer is 3D printed and designed specifically to bolt into the old clamp holes at the top.

4 Likes

Hi All, I know I’ve been awol a bit lately, but we are getting a lot done on our downstairs apartment and knitting has taken a backseat. I have been slowly plugging away on the last strip of my Color Explosion Blanket.
Our floor guy is coming today ! He will be sanding and finishing the new and old wood floors in the entire apartment ( except bathroom.). So all other work will be at a standstill as we don’t have space to paint woodwork except outdoors. We didn’t have much furniture left to move and gave away a big chunky dining table and our front hall is packed to the gills, but it is empty and swept and I am really looking forward to gleaming hardwoods to go with my newly painted walls! S
So sorry I didn’t join last week’s Zoom after all. I had a headache (2days) and decided to nap instead. If I miss the sign up this week @Char, please add me to the list!.
I have my stitching group tonight and am looking forward to some “girl time”.

1 Like

You do not talk/post too much! This is supposed to be a place to chat! I think that the hosting site needs a slap on the hand for that one!!! :unamused:

4 Likes

Wow, I’m so impressed - those are beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for letting me know I am not ‘oversharing’.
Last thing I want to do is talk too much and make this all about me.

Speaking of Me…LOL… :wink:
I loved seeing the projects today when I logged on.
I missed my Wip Wed post. Same projects for me. My needle work and a grey blanket I am trying to get as big as I can without it looking like I desperately tried to make it as big as I could. lol…if that makes since. Right now I am making up a border edging as I go.

Still researching sock and hat patterns online. Which means I am probably way over thinking, and should just pick a beginner pattern and jump in.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the yarn and plan to knit the Vogue pattern “Enchanted Forest” - I was thinking about knitting it for my husband, but do you think it’s too feminine? - although I’m using smaller needles than the pattern calls for, so I may end up getting it for myself…

2 Likes

I don’t think that is too feminine. I think that model is twisted like that because it’s the only way to make it look feminine at all! It would look great on a guy.

4 Likes

I don’t think it looks too feminine either. What does your husband think of the design. I really think it would make a great guy sweater too!

3 Likes

thank you @MBearMakes and @happyfox74 - I haven’t shown him the design - I think it would put him off seeing it on a woman - I’ll just knit it and see if he likes it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think a “slap on the hand” is a bit much, maybe just a rewording of the message so it is more congratulatory and gives less of a “scolding” feel to unexpecting posters. It says something to the effect of “you have posted 21% of the messages on this board, is there anyone else you’d like to hear from?” It isn’t scolding or anything and I’m pretty sure it is just to encourage you to encourage others to participate in the conversation.

1 Like

I asked my husband who likes really boring clothes. He liked it and didn’t think it was too feminine but he said it looks like a Christmas sweater and he would only wear it at Christmas time. I love the moss stitch.

2 Likes

I love the colors !

2 Likes

Your weaving is so beautiful!

2 Likes

I’ve disabled this feature – or attempted to, anyway – as I don’t think it fits FiberKind’s cozy community style. Many of the new forum’s features are geared toward promoting deep discussion-type posts, which isn’t our exclusive goal.

5 Likes

Here’s my first quilt top for the weekend - needs a border but I didn’t bring enough for that. :slight_smile:

I thought our fair isle knitters would like that.

6 Likes

@Char That is a lovely quilt top. Wow…isn’t this day one of your retreat? Did you start and finish this in one day? If I remember right, you had been doing some of the cutting prep work for a while now, right?

Pls…say hello to everyone for us.

I finished something…finally.

I have three blankets ready to give away. The trouble is…I see something wrong with all three. So I may end up giving at least one away to my local little free library, instead of to the blanket charity.

The soft/cuddily looking one at the top. He can’t hold his shape for anything.

2 Likes

@hereami we arrived yesterday. I started cutting it yesterday after I got settled in. It was a quick one. I’m cutting the second one now.

They look so soft!!!

1 Like

Your blankets look great. I would think anyone would love them. Who cares if a blanket holds its shape. I wouldn’t even know if my favorite had a shape. I just cover myself with it.

2 Likes

I think I’ve found the upper limit of how many bobbins will fit on this loom.

I have 20 on there now and it’s a bit crowded, both above and below. I think I could extend the white piece out further parallel to the base, to give another dimension for the bobbins to rest in – haven’t decided on that one yet. A wider loom would also do the trick. Ultimately it’s about keeping the bobbins from tangling with each other, keeping consistent tension on each card, and being able to chase twist buildup to the bobbin without having to spin the loom around.

It’s shaping up to be a fine band.

7 Likes