October 2022

About the picture size, once you have uploaded it into your post, go to the preview window on the right and hover over the picture. Below the picture, you will see the options to edit or remove the picture. You can change the name of the pic and switch the size between 100%, 75%, and 50% (I circled it in yellow in the pic below). I’m pretty sure you can change it with more freedom using the code in the editing window too, but I don’t know how to do that and this is much easier!

3 Likes

@hereami Love it! We have a little library at our park too. Someone is sure to enjoy it!

1 Like

I shared our site information with our areas NextDoor platform today.

A college aged woman is looking for groups/clubs…and FiberKind has absolutely everything she requested.

Mentioning here in case we do see some Sacramento, Ca area people signing up and participating all of a sudden. You all are so Kind and wonderful I am sure they would love it here. :gnome:

3 Likes

Yay for spreading the word!!! :slight_smile:

Yesterday I made these two quilt tops. I really need to get these finished tho…

5 Likes

I am on the final stretch of this teen sized charity blanket. Which means I am becoming easily distracted with other patterns. Like a kid in a candy store. One moment I think I need to finish up another Wip, then I think I need to make a hat, and then I see something else beautiful and think I need to do that.

What are you all working on this week?

5 Likes

I do the same thing but with quilt tops. I’m going to be in finishing mode. I made some washable glue baste to baste the quilts so I can quilt and finish them. I have 5 quilt tops ready to go. Lol

2 Likes

I finished my October gnome this morning, now I’m doing my endangered species for the month - a blue throated macaw. I’m also getting set for this month’s Enigma segment, and my daughter wants a granny square jacket and a Pikachu. Then there’s the new gloves for my son, a shawl for a friend, and more socks; everybody wants socks, we’re expecting snow in December. Of course, whether anyone gets anything depends on my kitty staying off me…

2 Likes

oh…which sock pattern do you use?
I really want to make a pair of socks for myself.

I am still working on the Queen Elizabeth II doll for my friend’s birthday. Fortunately, she’s known me since we were 10 and knows that it may be late (her birthday was 10/1) but she WILL get it eventually! I also finally got started on the shawl my sister commissioned for her best friend’s birthday, which is tomorrow. She didn’t even mention that she was considering asking me if I could do it until a week ago and she knows that I am already behind on other things so it definitely will not be done by tomorrow. I also have an afghan square that I am working on for an “assignment” in the Ilvermorny group and need to get started on my Halloween project for FiberKind Wizarding School, but I haven’t quite decided what I want it to be. Probably another pumpkin, as I love those, but I haven’t decided for sure. :thinking:

4 Likes

@Nyssareen You do sound busy.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished projects when everyone is done with them.

I am trying to find a beginners hat pattern with a non bulk top. (a beanie)
Does anyone have a favorite or a recommendation?

By non-bulky top…I mean there isn’t a gathering of material on the inside of the crown of the hat.
I think I found one at CrochetDreamz.com there is a crochet ribbed beanie there. And they did some wonderful stitching magic to help the beanie not bulk up.

1 Like

I use the patterns in Learn to Crochet Socks by Kathy Wesley. There are patterns for sport weight and worsted weight yarns, and different types of sock like tube socks, ankle socks and knee socks. They’re very easy to follow, too.

I think Ann Budd’s book “Getting Started Knitting Socks” is a great book. I still use it for all the great patterns.

1 Like

@Lemming13 and @lovestostitch Thank you for your recommendations. I will look for both of those.

I bought this skein of sock yarn Before I learned that maybe I should try Berroco Sox Yarn.
This yarn seems so tiny. I have worked with crochet thread before, so maybe I will be okay.
I loved the color “Walk Like A Man” . Immediately I was singing the old 4 Seasons song in my head. LOL.

2 Likes

I love the colors and what a great price! It is easier to learn how to knit socks on heavier yarn. You could hold this yarn for your second pair and get a heavier skein for your first pair. There are lots of heavier weight sock yarns in wool blends or cotton blends.

1 Like

I have two FOs for Friday - a blue throated macaw for my endangered creature of the month, and Tove the Halloween gnome.

3 Likes

That chair is hilarious!

1 Like

Good morning and happy Saturday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning! We’re going to a Fall Fest/Craft Fair today being held at a local farm stand. Then we’re going to Tractor Supply to get two more cattle panels for more vertical gardening next year.

I’m almost done with my current socks. They are slow going with a lacy panel on the top with this one stitch that I find slow to make - slip two as if doing k2together, k, then pass the two over the knit. On some rows there is a yo before the two slipped stitches and that makes it even harder to get the stitches passed over.

3 Likes

Do pretty! I like that the yarn is light enough to see the pattern. Sounds like it is complex enough to keep your attention :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone ever made the Crocheted afghan Tides of Change ? I have the instructions (by Frank ORandle). The instructions are text only, and because of it’s complexity, I would love to see a chart of the instructions as well.

Just wondering if anyone has made this before.

2 Likes