November - ? leaves

Howdy! I finished part 4 of the Sacred Space this morning!! Even managed to catch an outside photo before the rain starts today.
Have a Happy day!

PXL_20211103_133105021.jpg

Beautiful!!

That really is a nice color.

That is so sad. I really think about this problem a lot, and I also am trying to think of ways to contribute to the Movember organization. They raise money every November for men’s mental health and testicular and prostate cancer. Their fund raising has a fun element that makes it very attractive, but also the fact that so many men who do have mental health issues feel like they can’t reach out makes it a really worthwhile charity, in my opinion.

Of course, I found out about them through rugby, as many men grow mustaches in November, or dye them crazy colors during this month. Also, some high-profile rugby players have gone public with their mental health struggles over the past couple of years.

Movember says that 66 men commit suicide every hour across the world. I’m not sure I believe that number, but I do know it’s a problem that needs addressing. I guess many of us can see this in our personal lives. When men expect to take others’ burdens on themselves, where do they turn with their own burdens?

On a more personal note, I’ve had two of my uncles die in this way, and also testicular and prostate cancer in my extended family.

I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying for you and your family.

It’s gorgeous! The yellow really makes everything pop!

Oh I’m so sorry. I’ll keep your family in my prayers.

Beautiful!

That is going to be a beautiful sweater!

I’m so into watching this thing “bloom!” When you posted the last picture I actually thought, ooh I think I’d put some yellow again now which is rare. I don’t have"color confidence." lol I think it looks gorgeous.

I’m kind of getting the itch to knit with some larger gauge, squishy yarn since the temps dropped here literally overnight. But first I’m determined to finish off this ball of orange and hopefully the yellow that was in my socks as well. Then I’m probably going to go with heavier projects for a while. I will keep my sock habit going but probably mostly smaller socks for the kids at Pine Ridge. I’m finally finishing the pair I started a while back.

IMG_20211102_190532__01.jpg

IMG_20211102_190622__01.jpg

@MBearMakes
I am so sorry for your losses.
All I can do is try to support the people I come in contact with. Listen to the ones who will talk. Talk to the ones who will listen. I am doing the small things. Making eye contact, saying thank you, asking how people are doing and meaning it. I have learned I can’t stop someone from hurting themselves. What I can do is try to be a light in the midst of a storm. (I am definitely not a light house. But, I can be a lantern.)

Just yesterday a young man was trying to get the attention of a store clerk. (That clerk was standing in his designated spot, behind a plexi-glass barrier, under a store speaker, looking down at paperwork, with his long bangs blocking his front view.) The young man who spoke had a beautiful voice. However, it was not only low in volume, but in pitch. The young man was visibly affected by not being heard. I could tell he thought he was being ignored. So, I interacted with him a bit. In a lighthearted voice I just straight up told him his voice is wonderful, but the low pitch and volume makes it hard for some of us to hear…and that happens to me sometimes when both my husband and son talk to me. The young man made eye contact and walked with me to the store door and opened it for me. Waiting while I limped along. And then I thanked him for opening the door for me.

Did my ‘talking too much’ to a stranger embarrass my daughter. Probably. But, she is beyond used to it.
It was worth the awkwardness for me. Cause the man was making eye contact and standing taller as he left the store and walked to his car.

@MBearMakes what about wearing a fake beard colored the right colors to the rugby games in November? That would be fun and show support. Or a charity collection bucket at the games?

I am slowly reattaching squares. I have a helper.
Mr.Darcy, my shelter dog, approves of all knitted and crocheted items.
Sweet thing will search out hand made things even at other peoples homes.
I found him once sitting on a blanket I had made for my son. That blanket was folded and sitting on top of a living room side table.

Resized_20210928_185604.jpeg

This looks great!!!

More striking every time I see it. :slight_smile:

What a beautiful helper!

Nice! The top one looks like it could have been two color knitting :slight_smile:

Mr. Darcy is handsome and obviously knows quality when he sees it. Name fits - he refuses to settle on less.

By first boxed tote. I forgot the zipper tab. Oops. Trying to decide if I should try to put one in or leave it. Sigh.

anyway - I think it turned out ok for the first one.

C2D0992A-1E16-406C-A017-5457ECAC29DC.jpeg

9616B473-7063-4E79-9437-36FDAAEFBB6C.jpeg

Oh, I love it.