November 2023

tmp

4 Likes

Happy thanksgiving if you celebrate. I had just finished my Cozy sweater just in time for its debut and the super cold weather. In my part of MN todays high is in the 20s

9 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I’m feeling really thankful that I’m feeling better after being sick for the last week. It was a coughing/cold thing but for the first time ever - my teeth got affected. I’ve read this can happen with sinus pressure but have never experienced it. It was AWFUL! Even touching my lower left teeth very lightly with my tongue caused jolts of pain.

My husband is smoking the turkey today and my son did lots of chopping for me. We’ll be having turkey, gravy, potatoes, sweet potatoes (home grown!), glazed carrots, and cranberry relish. Dessert will be a pumpkin custard made with a home grown Black Futsu pumpkin.

Wishing all of you a great day with your loved ones.

4 Likes

Beautiful sweater for a beautiful lady!!!

1 Like

Do you guys want to zoom tomorrow? I am going to set it up today as I’m going on a jaunt with some friends tomorrow…. I’ll be back early enough to say hello but not sure if I’ll be on time.

@LynnKnits we zoom on Friday afternoons if you are ever interested in joining us.

If anyone who isn’t a “regular” zoomer and wants to spend part of your Friday off with us let me know and I’ll add you to the list. :fk:

1 Like

I’ll be there if my cough isn’t too bad. I’m wondering how Rosemary and her family are doing - if they are in the evacuation zone for the train derailment and toxic spill.

3 Likes

That would be so fun! I would love to join. I just won’t be able to tomorrow. As I’m hosting in-laws thanksgiving. Thank you! This sweater took me just under 2 months to make. But with the cables I had to work on it when my kids were in bed.

2 Likes

I plan on being there.

1 Like

Love the color combo!

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving, FK friends!:turkey:

2 Likes

@LynnKnits , Happy Thanksgiving! Great timing on finishing your project! The cables are beautiful! @Natalia also makes items with beautiful cables. We have a front moving in with snow so we will slso be in the 20s for the next few days…hoping to just hunker down and knit tomorrow.

1 Like

It was actually black and blue, spinning it in thinner strips, blended it nicely.

1 Like

Beautiful. It looks super cozy!

1 Like

:grimacing: :open_mouth:

1 Like

For FO Friday, I finished another Sophie. Scarf with the latest handspun. I also finished spinning the 2nd hank of the same. I started a pair of fingerless mitts for the sister who runs hot but likes to walk outside. :grin:

4 Likes

So sorry not to reply sooner - my cat doesn’t let me type (right now he’s outside enjoying some late autumnal sunshine). The files are in WPS format, and I have tried to find a conversion program which works, but nothing does. Technically I should be able to convert them with Microsoft 365, which I purchased specifically for that, but sadly it failed because 365 couldn’t find the files to convert them, it can’t identify WPS as a filetype even though it is a Microsoft product. I am just glad I didn’t put many of my business files into Works, because I would have lost them too (though I did lose about two thirds of a novel I was writing). My son is working on getting my old pc back up and running for me and he thinks he might be able to find a way to turn at least the writings into a voice format which we can then put on my new pc and convert into text that way. I will have to do a lot of editing but hopefully that which was lost will be found. And the photos could be uploaded to a cloud and then downloaded back in a different format. If I didn’t still have the pc and a tech-savvy son, though…

2 Likes

FO Friday Part Deux
I worked on the Board and Batten Mitts made with my 1st skein of Black and Blue during our afternoon Fiberkind Zoom Meetup. I finished it tonight. I like it, too bad it’s a gift.:grin:

9 Likes

I’m so glad to hear your son thinks he can get them working! I hate to think of you losing all that. especially the family stuff :frowning:
I recently lost some files when the memory stick I was using kicked the bucket. lesson; always backup files.
Good luck

1 Like

My husband lost stuff on his memory stick.

My son, bring the computer geek he is, set up a server in his bedroom. It is nearly as tall as the ceiling. I think he said he has 8 hard drives in it, and he has set us up to do automatic backups. Might be overkill, but hey.

What are you guys working on? I think I brought snow to our area because I’ve been working on these guys:

I think they are just too cute. I’m making 16 of them - one for each of “my” firefighters. :slight_smile: might make them some snickerdoodles next weekend, too. Their “business” meeting is a week from tomorrow so I need to have these done by then.

:snowman:

7 Likes

I’m working on a Fishermen’s Gansey for one of my brothers.
The color is actually a nice blue.

Here is a page with a lot of cool photographs of the real thing.

I’m also working on a pair of knee-high socks for myself. and have a couple ongoing spinning projects.

5 Likes