November 2023

I hope everyone had a great Holiday and those who are sick are feeling better now. Sure sounded like a nasty cold/flu was going around. Anyone test positive for anything??

Did anyone find out if Rosemary was okay? I never heard about a train derailment and toxic spill.

I learned a lot this weekend. (about people and nature) We had a busy time of celebrating being Thankful and a birthday. Among other things we got out for a Birthday hike near a town named Challenge here in Ca. Absolutely beautiful 360 degree view from a fire watch tower. I saw some amazing things. Like this old Manzanita Tree. (I had no idea manzanita would grow to this height. Every manzanita I had ever seen was a shrub)

I did some crafting to relax after all the holiday work. Working on a cross stitch blanket. Not much to see yet. Things won’t begin to look good until after I do some of the outlining and such. For example, the cross stitch stuffy elephant is a blob of different shades of orange. lol…not identifiable at all.

3 Likes

yes - Rosemary is fine, thanks for asking - she hadn’t even heard about the accident

lovely pictures - thanks for sharing! - we have snow and -12C temperatures

2 Likes

Whew, I didn’t know manzanita could get that big either! Fire lookouts are awesome views if you can visit them. I’ve been to one or two.

2 Likes

34th pair finished this year started Nov 21st

4 Likes

Woo Hoo! Seems like a very large amount.
Do you have a number of socks you want to make in a year? (a goal?)
These are so cute. Love the colors.

1 Like

I dont really have a goal number it was just the first year ive been keeping track of my making ive also made 5 tops/sweaters this yr, 3 of which were toddler sizes. 3pairs of baby booties,6hats/headbands,a hooded blanket(crochet) now im working on fingerless mitts for my kids teachers.

2 Likes

Wow, Great job!
Amazing list of completed projects!

Thanks! Did I mention that I have 3 young kids and moved across the country this year?

3 Likes