November 2022

I used it all the time for my Wedding Ring Afghan. Works quite well!

3 Likes

this is beautiful.
I might have to add it to my ever increasing to do list.

2 Likes

Hi, all! Do you have any recommendations for a good steamer for blocking yarn projects?

Because I would mostly use this for blankets, I was hoping to find one of the stand-up ones (as the hand-held steamers tend to drip when used on a horizontal surface, and also the water runs out fast.

Do any of you know of a ‘full-size’ steamer that doesn’t drip? Thank you!

1 Like

Our no sew Christmas ornament project today. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How did you put it together? Glue?

3 Likes

Very cute!

1 Like

I don’t have any recommendations but I’d be very interested in what others have to say!

I use it a lot, it’s great for making toys. I normally secure the end as I go so the hole stays closed.

@lovestostitch yes - at the end we glued the tails that we stuck inside down with school glue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It turned out great!

2 Likes

I was going to roast and can turkey today but it’s still frozen. I canned cranberry sauce instead.

My new organizer table arrived! It looks great. I’m off to organize my “stuff” near my knitting chair. I’ll post a picture when it’s in place.

5 Likes

I’m so happy with my new side table. It has different organizers on each side. It came with the little wicker baskets. I put a little garbage bag in the bottom basket. The brown bookcase you can see will be moved to a different room. I’m going to paint the walls a blue-green and have all white furniture and white blinds.

6 Likes

I finished my alpaca scarf tonight while I watched a documentary about the blizzard of January 1949. (In the Wyoming area)

5 Likes

That’s a great table: useful and pretty! Also, I love your plans for the paint and furniture combo. It sounds like you are having a blast getting things the way you want them.

1 Like

Making progress on Carly’s new sweater. Here she is in another sweater I made her.

8 Likes

She is adorable. Looks like she loves her sweaters. I like the color combination on the new work. Which yarn are you using?

2 Likes

@HeatherAthebyne I noticed on the link that you were still working on it. Have you completed this Afghan? Do you love it??

1 Like

FO

Sewed the buttons on today

9 Likes

Not yet, it’s been a WIP for years now :smile: I do think I might finish it this year, though. It’s next on my list to work on after I finish Fezziwig. I’ll probably have to buy more yarn for the border, but I’ll figure that out closer to when I start it. I still haven’t decided what to do for the border.

3 Likes

The tag disappeared. I think it was OnLine 6 ply. It is a wool and nylon blend. It would be good sock yarn except it’s too itchy for me.

1 Like