November 2022

That looks great…and so cozy!! :clap:

1 Like

I love those two squares together, and also the color combination.

2 Likes

Uh…@HeatherAthebyne? When did SkeinLink become so very marvelous? I just looked over there and I see a place to record my stash, a yarn database, and more! I am extremely impressed. Thank you so much! :pray:

4 Likes

This sweater is fantastic! You did a great job. I love that you put the pattern down at the wrists too.
Which yarn did you use?

1 Like

I would like to organize a Christmas Card Exchange. Everyone is welcome to participate. I have created a thread over in the Harry Potter Lovers group, but you do not need to be a HP lover to participate.

Go here for details !

2 Likes

Lore by Fiber Co

1 Like

Sounds like fun Tara :mrs_claus:t2::christmas_tree::santa:t2:

1 Like

Between the raging sinus infection I have, being off my RA meds in preparation for the surgery for said infection, and trying to get everything ready for Thanksgiving when I am not feeling my best, I haven’t been around much. I just wanted to say that I am still alive and still checking in! I am also still knitting, so I am going to share my progress on the Queen Elizabeth II doll I am making for my best friend. (along with a pic of the outfit I am basing her on) Everything is done now except the ubiquitous fancy hat. I am still working out how to make it look the way I want it to, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to attempt it (knitting, not crochet which is the main problem!) please let me know because I am open to suggestions!

6 Likes

I can’t knit, but that doll is super-cute. I hope you have a restful Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be exactly the same but what if you knit a short beanie and then a narrow rectangle and sewed the rectangle around the beanie.

1 Like

Her hat kinda reminds me of a Top Hat, but very feminine. If you scroll down there are a few other colors on this etsy site. Hope it helps to inspire your version of the Queen’s hat.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1306915921/queen-elizabeth-ii-last-units-free?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=queen+elizabeth+hats&ref=sr_gallery-1-7&frs=1&organic_search_click=1

1 Like

That is exactly what I’m looking for, but unfortunately, it is crochet so it doesn’t help me. I have finally learned how to do a few crochet stitches, but I am currently stuck on how to go into a round so I don’t think I am going to be able to crochet the hat before the end of the year! :flushed:

1 Like

It was a beautiful sunny day today so I took advantage of it and assembled my Christmas gnome. I pulled my wagon around our yard and got the evergreen clippings. I made one last year and with the wind tunnel we have to our front porch, my gnome kept getting blown over. I tried putting rocks inside on the tomato cage bottom wire but it didn’t help. This year, the tomato cage is secured to a board and then weighted.

My gnome still needs his nose and mittens.

8 Likes

Love it!!! Hopefully he has a good standing this year

1 Like

Hope everyone who is celebrating has a wonderful holiday weekend.

In my down time I will be distracting myself watching the Quilting Marine on youtube this week.
He has a few videos on how to make a scrappy quilt with no rules that I want to watch.
Long story short this gentleman quilts to clear his head. I like his quilts.

4 Likes

We were talking about last year’s gnome on Zoom and @crosstitchlinda said he was trying to escape! No escaping this year and hopefully no face plants off the porch like last year either. Everything I put on my porch has to be heavy or secured because we really get wind that roars up to the front door. I sew ties to the pillow I put on the front porch chair.

3 Likes

I have watched him before :). I should catch some more of his videos.

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :). I am truly thankful for all of you. :heart::heart:

Our thanksgiving plans got shuck up a little - my DH had a flu shot Monday and is running a fever. My in laws were due to come but are now going to come in early December out of an abundance of caution.

We’ll have a nice meal today all the same. Happy to have my son home from the academy. Plan to get some quilting done. Relaxing day / weekend!

6 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

@Char - I hope your hubby is feeling well enough to enjoy dinner.

2 Likes

Nope - not today unfortunately. Doesn’t look like it is COVID though. It is very quiet here, eerily quiet, hmmm

2 Likes