November 2022

Happy November!!

3 Likes

My local spca is having a used book sale. The most expensive book is $2. Then I stopped by a Friends of the Library books sale. Most expensive book is Little Dorrit for $3.

I am going to stop by again today. The children’s books I bought were only 25cents. I am going to purchase some more, so that I can donate them this winter to the free book box in my local park.

I am going through my TBR (to be read) stacks. Yes, stacks. So far this week I have given away 4 mysteries, and finished 2 printed books and one audio book.

My crafting suffered a bit this week because of all my book reading. I have no regrets. The books were worth it. :books:

6 Likes

Aargh, it’s been a long couple of weeks. The end of October sucks due to a plethora of sad anniversaries, and I spent the month waiting for the results of a medical test which, I’d hoped, would provide sufficient evidence to convince the insurance company that I am, indeed, disabled. I spent Wednesday out of town, picking up the results and attending a related appointment. The test results were not at all what I’d hoped for :woman_facepalming: , buuuut it just so happened that the law firm I’m working with for disability attempt #4 was in the next building over from said appointment. A quick bit of in-person chat and we learned some encouraging things; we can demand (not request) and probably get an extension to the appeal deadline due to COVID, and solidify my case by seeing Yet Another Doctor. This one specializes in Lyme and other diseases which can be difficult to test for and prove, and her expert opinion on my level of functioning should be sufficient proof.

Every time I think the disability process can’t drag on any longer, something new and unexpected happens… but I haven’t got an unchallengeable “no”, so there’s that.

I spent most of yesterday sleeping off Wednesday’s activities and now I can’t sleep. Go figure. :woman_shrugging:

</rant>

I’ve mostly been working on the tablet-woven band, after angering my thumb with a larger-than-normal amount of knitting on larger-than-normal needles for the Fezziwig cardigan. It feels better now, so I might do a little work on it tomorrow today after the sun comes up again. I’ve been pairing this with watching a livestream of newborn kittens (LIVE: Watch Fifi's newborn kittens grow up! - YouTube) which has been a steady flow of soul-soothing adorableness.

My stash, like many of ours, is spread out over multiple locations. I have a bookcase full in the living room, bins in my workroom, five gallon buckets of fleece in the garage, and boxes of weaving yarn in the basement. I really need to clean up the bookcase, as I have stuff falling on the floor out of it and that turns out to be an irresistable temptation for the dog…

4 Likes

I will keep you in my prayers. It is crazy how this works sometimes. :frowning:

1 Like

Good morning and happy Friday. I didn’t finish anything further this week.

I’m just happy I remembered to plug in my tablet for our zoom meeting today. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

One FO for Friday! Can’t remember what # this is, but one more Christmas gift is done

!
My first doll is coming along, just one more leg and one cute little shoe to knit before the assembly starts. It knitted up so much faster after I started using the Chiaogoo Lace #2’s! I’m so thankful because I love doing things for my sisters, but it’s even better when it is halfway enjoyable!
PS: how do you do strikethrough text on here?

6 Likes

I think your towels are wonderfully done.
Where are you purchasing the material that you are working on?
The colors you chose for this one are fantastic.

I have a few iron on designs I have been wanting to work up for years.

1 Like

Walmart. They have cotton dish towels next to the embroidery thread. and they sell the patterns, too.

2 Likes

Two tildes before and after: ~~strikethrough~~ gets you strikethrough.

3 Likes

cool, thanks

1 Like

Good morning and happy Sunday!

For those in the US (except Arizona I think) don’t forget to “fall backwards” on the time!

The time change is always an adjustment for me - it does not explain why I was up 3 hours earlier than I usually am though. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I finished my tote for my cutting mats, ironing mat, and large Stripology ruler. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I was up early as well. :roll_eyes:

Apparently animals have no idea that humans get an extra hour of sleep today.
Wild critters noisily collecting and eating fruit from my persimmon tree, and my indoor cat wanting desperately to go outside. Finally gave up trying and got up about 6am. I am still confused why we have to do this clock turn. Is it so we have more daylight for the evening commute?

@Char your tote looks fantastic. Glad that zipper finally cooperated with you.

4 Likes

I understand the original clock change was brought in during WWII and was supposed to benefit farmers by giving them an extra hour of daylight in the winter. It was also supposed to be for safety, as kids going to school in the dark were more at risk walking on the roads. Why it is still kept up I don’t know, as farms tend to have plenty of lighting now and so do the roads.

1 Like

I forgot to set my wall clock back last night, and I did not realize it this morning until I wondered why the wake-up alarm on my phone had not gone off. I woke up early and stayed up, thinking I did not have enough time to get back to sleep without sleeping through my alarm, when I could have had an extra three hours of sleep.

How do you do the face-plant emoji?

3 Likes

Face palm :woman_facepalming:t3: :crazy_face:

1 Like

The Dragonstone Necklace band is complete. 3.5 yards. Next up, something a little toastier, and testing some loom modifications…

6 Likes

@hereami - no zipper. :woman_shrugging: But - I’ll have everything corralled when I travel with it. That is the important part.

2 Likes

Do we have a theme or challenge for November?

3 Likes

I have spent most of the past week being totally miserable from the massive sinus infection I am trying to fight off PLUS all the side effects of the meds to treat the infection. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the meds work so the ENT doesn’t have to do the surgery he said I will “more than likely” end up needing. I did drag myself out of bed on Saturday to go to my cousin’s wife’s birthday party. She is such a sweetheart and I love her, plus, she was having a fiber arts party and really wanted my sister and me to come so we could all knit and crochet together. We are both really glad we went because my sister learned to do “magic circle” crochet and one of my cousin’s friends managed to teach me to chain (which I have done before, but totally forgot), single crochet, double crochet, and half double crochet. It took a while but it was worth it. Now I am going to try to make a single crochet washcloth, so we’ll see how far I get!

7 Likes