March 2023

Thank you! That worked.

1 Like

On the 17th day of March I went shop hopping with a friend. I was in enough pain I didn’t go in to all of the shops, but enjoyed company with my friend.

When I got home I worked some more on foundation paper piecing.

On the 18th day of March I held my monthly crafting day at Town hall. I wanted to try alternate methods of flying geese. They turned out pretty good. These were done using the 4 at a time method. No waste, so that was good. :slight_smile:

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday!

5 Likes

I tried it and set my custom status but I don’t understand why I got that icon! I said I was papercrafting.

1 Like

These are the paper totes I showed yesterday on Zoom. I’m busy making these for my garden club’s plant sale. They will hold native plant seed bombs. The seed bombs look like dirt meatballs. I want to put some Easter grass in the totes and then the seed bombs.

I’m also getting ready to work on a project for my front porch. I wanted a taller planter. Besides not finding anything I liked, tall planters are $100-$200! This was an end table with a hinged lid. I got it for $20. Hubby took the lid off for me. I’m going to paint it black and put it on my front porch and fill it with hot pink and white flowers.

5 Likes

You’ll need to click on the little icon to change it to whatever emoji you want displayed :blush:

3 Likes

Ah! Thanks.

1 Like

Just got back from my Mother’s Day tea at The Quarter. It was fantastic, but they don’t allow filming or photography; apparently they have had a lot of issues with people doing ‘pranks’ for Instagram and TikTok, which have led to hundreds of pounds of damage and members of staff actually injured. It’s shocking what some people think is ok to do for internet clout. This is a small local business run by a family who mainly hire staff among their church members, and they offer a wholesome family atmosphere. Maybe that’s why some people want to ruin their business. Anyway, we were allowed to take a family snapshot with my lovely little souvenir teacup, so hopefully I will be able to post that (it is on my son’s phone, so I’m waiting for him to send it through).

5 Likes

I’m so glad you enjoyed your lovely tea! It is really sad that what I call the “Jackass culture” of the internet makes it so people can’t take pictures (anyone remember when this kind of behavior was just limited to the MTV show “Jackass” and most of us were safe from it?) But you still enjoyed it and that is the most important thing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

On the 19th day of March I decided what to do with the strips I cut the other day. Of course I changed my mind several times….

5 Likes

So cute! Thanks, @HeatherAthebyne and @happyfox74 !

1 Like

On the 20th day of March I started assembling blocks and rows. I have 20 more blocks to snowball and join into rows, then 5 rows to add to this piece. It’s coming along.

I’m not sure if I’ll be crafting when I get home this evening or not. I slept wrong on my shoulder Sunday and it is still bothering me. :frowning:

6 Likes

Happy WIP Wednesday! I am feeling better today so hope to possibly finish my quilt top. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Had to share with @lovestostitch and everyone else who keeps bugging/reminding me, I’m finally crocheting my granny squares together. Lots of bobbins!

5 Likes

Yay!

1 Like

I’ve been distracted from crafting by my efforts to help my garden club bring itself back to life after Covid. The shut downs, members getting old, members moving away - it’s a mess. Most of the existing members are not tech savvy. There is one problem I haven’t been able to fix and I’m hoping one of you might be more tech savvy than me.

In the past, someone had set up a system that if you addressed an email to a specific address, it went out to all the members on the distribution list. That distribution list is now out of date and no one knows how to update the distribution list associated with this email address. Does anyone know how to set up a system like this? I don’t know what to call it so I’m having a hard time finding tips when I Google search.

3 Likes

I totally forgot to post the finished top yesterday!!!

On the 22nd day of March I finished this quilt top!

4 Likes

Try looking for a mailing list service. Most will be geared toward email marketing, but a lot of them have a free tier. I’ve also seen Google Groups used for the purpose.

2 Likes

This is going to be absolutely adorable!!!
I love to see how people sew together their squares.
I normally opt for the method where you sew a whole row across together then add another row. When that is done I turn my blanket and attach the other edges. (on your blanket that would mean I would sew the row across from the sun to the whale then turn and sew from the sun down past the turtle.)

How are you attaching them? It looks amazing. I love the secure block attachment.

1 Like

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-contact-group-or-distribution-list-in-outlook-for-pc-88ff6c60-0a1d-4b54-8c9d-9e1a71bc3023

I found this…hope it helps.

1 Like

Looking so good, and what a canny way to join squares - I never thought of using bobbins of yarn for the vertical rows.