March 2023

On the 16th day of March I decided to try a quick new thing…… - foundation paper piecing.

I think something went awry. (Take a look at those seams!!!)

Next try was a bit better but need bigger scraps so it comes out better sized :slight_smile: my scraps for the triangles were much too small.

Onward!

The last one for the evening was perfect.

Off to bed!

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for the bday wishes. I did enjoy my day. Nice and quiet with family pizza and chocolate caramel cake.

@KnitsWithHorses let me know if you like the song.

Tomorrow I am going to check to see if I can have chickens.
I only want two.

Does anyone out there have chickens?

2 Likes

Lol - it is funny you asked about chickens - my neighbor has chickens :rooster: and they were visiting our yard last night. :joy::joy:. I let my neighbor know and she said they’ll come home at night. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If I can ask you guys to keep voting every day in district 4 I’d appreciate it. We are pretty far down…. :fk:

3 Likes

I tried to vote.
I was only able to vote for the other three divisions…Not number 4.

Here is what I did. I scrolled to your division, hit the red vote now button. That automatically took me to Division 1. So, I voted down thru the choices. When it got to Division 4 is said I had reached the max number of votes for this round.

Did I mess up? I thought I would get to vote in each division. (Sorry)

1 Like

That is so weird! There is a red box in division 4 - in the blue box above the grid. Did you try that?

I usually just scroll down to division 4 and vote. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to vote in the previous 3 divisions before it would let me vote on yours, but it did actually let me vote for you. I was able to vote in the last round too, so I’m cheering you on and pulling for you from Utah! :tada:

2 Likes

Thanks, @lovestostitch for the recipes! I made the Irish soda bread today and everyone in the family enjoyed it! Favorite method of eating was with butter.:four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

The key is scrubbing soon after being outside. From what I’ve read, it takes awhile for the chiggers to eat their way in so as long as you scrub before they start doing their thing, it should work.

3 Likes

My daughter has six. She originally had three but one of those got killed by a bobcat. She always watches them when she lets them loose in the yard but she went in just to go to the bathroom. That was long enough. She came back and saw the bobcat with the chicken in his mouth. She scared the bobcat off but it was too late for the chicken. She felt terrible about it. This Spring they got four more chicks. She had to have them inside for awhile but they joined the older two a couple of weeks ago. They eat up the bugs in your yard, including ticks! My daughter looked out and saw one eating a little snake. She said it slurped it down like a spaghetti noodle. They love the fresh eggs.

5 Likes

They are good visitors. They’ll eat your ticks.

3 Likes

How many had corned beef for dinner? We had corned beef, red potatoes, carrots and cabbage with Irish Soda bread on the side.

I asked my daughter if she had made corned beef and she said she forgot it was St. Patrick’s Day until my grandson told her a leprechaun had visited his classroom. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did for the first time! Quite tasty.

2 Likes

I made your soda bread recipe yesterday and we ate it today. Everyone raved over it! It is definitely going in my book to make again. :yum: We had a great St Patrick’s Day and enjoyed every bite! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

@lovestostitch Once again I failed a food challenge. Lol. We went out to a local 50s style diner and had a beef hamburger and fries. One of these days I will complete a food challenge…lol.

p.s. I did remember to wear green.

2 Likes

Hey all, @HeatherAthebyne has created a new & fun User Status Feature for us :star_struck:
Just in case you haven’t come across it yet, here is a link to the fun!
Thank you Heather :hugs:

2 Likes

I don’t think it worked for me.

Nice spread! Everything looks delicious!

2 Likes

I forgot to wear green yesterday!

I don’t see anything next to your name :thinking:
When you click through to the status section, did you type anything into the “word section”? It wouldn’t allow me to save the sock icon without typing something in the word section so I just typed “I wish I was knitting :yarn:
See if that helps :blush:

Oops, forgot to add a picture:

2 Likes