March 2023

I made the Brazilian Stew. We loved it. I deleted the onion, added extra garlic, put the hot pepper, mango and cilantro on the side.
Thankyou for suggesting it. It was a first for me.

2 Likes

On the 23rd day of March I cut 9” strips for QFK. I am also mentally planning my next top. I really need to bind the three graduation quilts I have finished. Tomorrow is another day!!!

3 Likes

It looks yummy!

1 Like

Happy FO Friday. I’m working on my taxes. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:. I really don’t like doing them in spite of my accounting career. Luckily I only do my own taxes and no one else’s.

My eyes are getting a little crossed, so I’m going to go cut fabric for a bit and come back to it.

3 Likes

I don’t do mine anymore! Even with my accounting background things got very complicated when my Dad died, so I’ve been using a CPA since.

2 Likes

This one’s a couple of weeks old, but oh well. I finally got my tea label cross stitch piece framed up and in place. I used a shadow box frame to keep the embroidery from pressing against the glass, though I think it turned out a little too deep – but due to placement it’ll be mostly seen up close, so no big deal. For the next one I’ll have to try to pick a deep picture frame so that I can shim up the embroidery.

5 Likes

It looks lovely - I wish I could come round for a cuppa!

Missed ya today! But taxes come first, unfortunately!

2 Likes

That is so pretty, Char! You always make such pretty quilts!

2 Likes

Those paper totes turned out so nice! They will be well-liked, I’m sure! Seed bombs seem like a really neat idea to give as inexpensive gifts. Neat idea for the porch planter!

1 Like

Well, I had a fun day! :unamused: Today was the day I get my RA meds infusion which, despite the fact that I have to spend about 4 hours at the hospital, is usually very relaxing. The infusion lab of the hospital is a big, quiet room full of comfy chairs with curtains for privacy, and the nurses provide you with whatever drink you choose and will even give you snacks if you want. I usually listen to whatever audiobook is currently up on my queue and bring a simple knitting project with me so I can just happily knit in my little cocoon. Today, I didn’t get around to eating lunch before I had to get to my appointment and was pretty hungry, so I asked for some string cheese to nibble on. The first bite I took crunched! Turns out, it wasn’t the cheese but my tooth that crunched as a big chunk had broken off when I attempted to chew the cheese. I have an inherited tooth enamel disorder, so this is not the first time this has happened, but it is still extremely unpleasant! It doesn’t actually hurt, as the nerve isn’t exposed yet, but I know from previous experience that it will likely start hurting within about a week.

So, instead of my lovely afternoon of reading and knitting, I got to spend my time on the phone with the dentist. However, since my actual dentist retired recently and I have not yet established myself with a new one, I had to call all over town trying to find someone who would both take me as a new patient and accept my insurance. I finally found that my primary doctor’s practice has a dentist, so I would not be considered a new patient and could schedule with them…on April 20th. Fortunately, they said that if it starts to hurt, it would then be considered an emergency visit, so I could call back and they would squeeze me in for either a same-day or next-day emergency extraction. I’m really not thrilled that this tooth is actually located where it might actually be visible to others, but I am happy that I’ve managed to keep most of my teeth much longer than my mother (who also had the same enamel condition) did. So there is that…but it still sucks.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this! I once broke a tooth on a holiday weekend and had to call around to get a temporary fix until I could get to my dentist.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: What a day you had! I’m sorry. Happy that you were able to find a dentist to help you. I hope the rest of this week is easier on you.

I am so glad you have medicine for the RA. I knew someone who had some form of arthritis and she went in and had shots into her finger joints every so often. She said the shots were painful, but helped with slow the progression of her arthritis and helped ease the daily pain.

2 Likes

By request of the Zoom people, I’m going to post this here. We have not had much activity in the stashdown threads, so I’m adding 2 new ways of counting, I will be keeping the original way for those of us who like it.

1. count yards/meters weekly - yarn in does not count against you
  2. count grams used weekly - yarn in does not count against you.

I will be keeping the weekly tally so the first date I will call for these numbers is: April 1. So you would start counting on Sunday as we report on Saturday each week.

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up.
So, I can shop/add to my stash without guilt…lol. :tada: (Did you hear the deep sigh of relief. lol)

I will have to find another way to hold myself accountable.
Like an accountability partner. I know a couple of ladies on here report in to each other about what they have bought and have in their stash. Or, I will just have to put my big girl pants on and hold myself accountable.

1 Like

You can still report the old way, I plan to. Actually I plan to do the present way and the yardage.

1 Like

@Heather, that is so pretty!
@lovestostitch You are so creative, you do such interesting projects!
@Nyssareen Sorry that you had such a hard time. You have my sympathy!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had the steroid injections directly into the joints in my hands and into my knee and it usually does help, but yes, it is NOT pleasant! The IV med helps keep things from progressing and causing more damage, but it doesn’t reverse the damage already done to my joints. So I probably still have more steroid injections in my future, and I most definitely have a full knee replacement coming up in the next year or two because there is almost no cartilage left in my right one. :unamused:

2 Likes

On the 25th day of March I watched the boys in the robotics competition. :slight_smile: and made a block:

Turned out pretty good!

@Nyssareen you sure had one heck of a time. I hope you are feeling better. :fk:

3 Likes

I’ve been very busy this week (medical appointments, sorting out a new tv after the old one died, all kinds of things) but I managed to make this mouse - largely because I could work on him sitting in waiting rooms where my kitty wasn’t around to climb on my knee!

5 Likes