March 2021 - Craft Month Finished Thread

very nice.
how do you avoid the second sock syndrome. (isn’t that what it is called when you finish one sock and loose desire to work on the 2ed one?)

One card done. You can’t tell in the picture but he has a glittery shamrock and bow tie and glossy eyes.

@Char - Do papercrafts count for mileage?

86830D23-39EE-4CD6-A3A4-A363EEE34A8E.jpeg

D0AC9F7C-682D-439C-8AC5-E63D6D5E945D.jpeg

He’s going to love it!!

Looks like a foot or so towards the mile?

@DJM - I’m not sure if he loves the cards or the money I put inside. :slight_smile: He just turned five and doesn’t understand that money buys things. With Covid, I don’t think he’s been to a store for a year. My daughter says he loves the money but what he loves is putting it in his bank - like he’s collecting it. I told her she should let him buy something.

I work both at the same time. Right toe, left toe. Two or three inches of foot on right then left etc.

We live on a dead end road. The road that goes in and out of our area has grass fires today that burned a lot acreage and in many cases got right up within feet of people’s houses. We tried to evacuate but they already had the road blocked off with emergency vehicles so we couldn’t. Thankfully the wind that drove it changed direction so it only got within about a mile and a half from our place. Thank God for all the firefighters, many of whom are volunteers. The pictures are the houses closest to us that were affected. Approx 1.5 miles away from my house.

Screenshot_20210309-184617_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210309-184705_Photos.jpg

So glad to hear you are safe. It is really scary with grass fires.

Scratch all that. New fire. Big one. Quarter mile away. We’re being evacuated.

@lovestostitch He’s at that age where is going to want to save all his money or spend it. When my nieces and nephews were that age two spent it all to saved it all.

We have a motel room but weren’t allowed time to take our animals anywhere. We literally had to grab ID and leave within minutes. But so far our firefighters haven’t given up a home or a life. Prayers appreciated.

I’m praying for safety for your animals and no damage to your property. A grass fire after all that snow is crazy. I would think everything would still be wet and muddy.

It dried up pretty fast because we shot straight up into the 60s. And there’s been a lot of wind. We were under a severe fire risk alert so if anyone was burning anything it was not legal. And it’s supposed to rain hard for several days starting tomorrow night, thankfully.

Just realized I put this in the wrong thread. I apologize. I’m kinda rattled.

@KnitsWithHorses, praying that your animals and your trailer are safe. I’m glad you were able to evacuate and that you’re safe.

Thank you Kathy. My son is headed out there to see if they will let him thru to check on things.

Sending prayers all is well.

It sounds like everyone was safe, and I am glad for that. :fk:

We were able to go check on and tend the animals this morning as the fire has moved northeast of us now but it’s recommended that we wait till tomorrow to go home. They are having problems with flareups that can get out of hand quickly because of the high winds. But the wind is supposed to die down overnight. They said we could go home if necessary but they didn’t recommend it and since Harmoni and I would be there with no car while Gini and Cameron are at work till 11pm we decided it best we stay in town tonight again. There is still a LOT of smoke in the air also. Last night as we were leaving we could stand in front of our place by the mailbox and watch them fighting the flames. The firefighters have seriously been amazing. Fighting it over hundreds of acres all night…

Glad you are safe.