Let's get to know you! Sock KAL 7/12/19 - 8/1/19

Awesome! I can’t wait to see that parade!!!

Caaammmmoooo!

bb9fc3359b2c43e671df692bb5350cd3jpg.jpg

Love it! :heart:

My pix were too big, too. I emailed them to myself, and chose one of the smaller sizes. That compressed them enough to be able to post.

Admin made the pic size a little better so hopefully they will help. :slight_smile:

@Char awesome socks! Is it hot at the campground? 89 degrees in S. C. Pennsylvania

https://www.skeino.com/

2E62F25F-6B45-4812-804E-E399AECCB7FF.jpeg

Yay! I love them!!!

And that blue! Wow!!! Speechless!

I found us!!! Phheewww…(wiping sweat from forehead)…I was lost for a bit. Well I haven’t touched my wip socks…but today is the day, I will be getting to them soon, but want to peruse the new sight for a bit!

Well… now that I read the pattern, I see I can’t use the yarn I had picked for it. Now to decide. Yarn or pattern…

No sock knitting today. I needed a break from tiny needles, so cast on a sweater (3 strands lace to mimic worsted weight). We are going to dinner then headed to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for a peach cream cheese pound cake.

So glad you found us!

I haven’t read the pattern… is it possible to add/decrease along all four sides to make it bigger or smaller?

@dekpass I love those space socks! Gorgeous!

@dekpass I am knitting the fargyle pattern with sock weight. I didn’t want to mess up the pattern by adding plain stitches between the chart repeats, so I made a few modifications. I normally knit a 64 stitch sock on size 2 needles, so I am repeating the chart three times (23 stitches x 3 repeats so 69 stitches) but on size 1 needles. I started with 68, did a k2p2 cuff and did a make 1 to get to 69 stitches before starting the pattern. I’m almost 1 repeat through the chart and I’m loving the pattern.

@dogtrnr I was wiping sweat too! haha but we’re here!

Thank you. I wondered if it might be that easy. 68 stitches is close to my normal number of stitches with sock yarn. Looks like I will join you in your modification.

Love this pattern! I’ll need to step out of my comfort zone and try it.

I love this new forum with the replies right under the original post. I started working on my socks yesterday. I’ll post a photo tomorrow with the details.

@dekpass so glad!!