Let's get to know you! Sock KAL 7/12/19 - 8/1/19

You are awesome!! Thank you!

Yay!!! I am glad you made it!!!

Apparently my 3 wips weren’t enough. Today at knitting group I cast on a new sock for this KAL.
I’m also participating in Spin-de-Fleece, and having out-of-town company next week, so we’ll see how much progress I actually make.

3cb2e0602eb75fe8d0a6892516fef261jpg.jpg

c97e9bd4799aafeb1effcddb3fd3597bjpg.jpg

I’m confused. So this, as a nested comment to your reply, does not get counted. But a reply to the OP does count? Just looking for clarification.
Definitely make it easy on yourself! I appreciate you getting this KAL going.

I’m very limited in what I can do. I surprised myself that I could do it the first time on the other site but now I see that I have to do what you said. Hubby is leaving in a few min so I don’t want to bother him. I guess I’ll be faceless for a week. :slight_smile:

Correct - if you “comment” it doesn’t give it a new number. It appears if you “quote” it would.

Awesome!!! Lovely color!!! I still have three additional WIP socks, plus the ones I cast on yesterday. :slight_smile:

PS - this one counts since it is your fresh comment. :heart: See how your comment says 16 and mine says 16.1? I can’t figure out how to pick up the .1’s. However if you quote someone or tag someone in an original post, that would count.

You’re welcome! And, I like these sub-comments!

@Krickt don’t forget to find us sock folks here!

Happy Saturday KALers. Tropical Storm Barry will bring us rain all day, so I don’t need to make an excuse to spend the day knitting. Maybe I’ll finish Speckled Space and move on to Fargyle…

Good morning!!! Stay dry, and post pics!

I almost have a cuff.

Headed to the campground. Will have lots of knitting time while I’m there I hope!

b2fce47469963d901cd74023c995ba2fjpg.jpg

I hope Barry is nothing more than a good excuse to knit.

Woke up this morning and noticed that all my pictures/posts were gone. Are we all new members now?
Still knitting my striped socks, but the weather was too good to pick up the needles today.

We are migrating to this new and much improved site… please bring your photos to this site!!!

I tried to post a picture of my sock but am having sizing issues. I’ve got 4"on the needle with 2 more to go before starting the heel. It sure feels good to be a part of a kal again.

Woot!!! Yes, I had sizing issues as well. I held my phone way up in the air, snapped a shot, and then cropped it to show my socks. This seemed to make it small enough. :slight_smile:

So a funny thing happened on the way to the forum… On Friday I went to go get the sock yarn I remembered having so I could cast on a sock for my kid and join the Sock KAL. Well, I pulled out the yarn and apparently I had started a sock awhile back and it’s been sleeping ever since. I must have been using something as a guide, but cannot remember what it was or where it might be. I don’t really want to frog it and I have a little while before I need to figure out the heel…so onward?

fcd2f14d6c6f8fa95c98e51275172b84jpg.jpg

@Char I don’t have a phone to use just a camera. I don’t know what the heck I’m doing when it comes to this stuff. Hubby will get me straightened out when his trip is over. It took me a while to learn R and it will take me a while here as well…but I’ll get there! I’ll blast everyone with a bunch of pictures when he gets home lol

Definitely onward! WIPs hold just as much conversation as new ones!!! :heart: When you get to that heel let me know if you need help!!