June 2022 Chatter - Crafting on the go!

I picked strawberries years ago. I remember it as difficult picking because it is so low to the ground. Blueberries and apples are easier. There is nothing like the taste of fresh picked fruit!

Time for more crafting since my garden is pretty much planted - and protected. Today we put up our new net on the structure my hubby made to protect our four Honeyberry bushes from the birds. The Honeyberries are in the far back. Everything is growing!

My crafting project right now is taking apart a crazy quilt I made. It is crocheted squares and it was big enough to use as a bedspread on a queen sized bed. The problem is it was soooo heavy. It even felt heavy to use. I’m turning it into two twin sized blankets but I am separating the colors so I don’t have any pink or purple in one.

DBD674C0-163A-4C14-A15F-F01DCAC66020.jpg

@hereami - I have Starter Bags because I am a member of the Many WIPs Club. I have a chronic case of startitis that is “controlled” only by the space available to store projects.

Well, today was refrigerator jam day. Have enough strawberries left over for angel food cake later today. :slight_smile:

I hope my jam will be ok. Spreadable, as it tastes amazing. :). I mixed some of the “scum” at the top with a little cream cheese and topped a bagel with it.

919D1772-214B-4463-9594-AFA158B76203.jpg

32DB6333-CF8F-46FC-9474-B4F628F913C9.jpg

Wow… you also weave!

@Char there doesn’t seem to be anything you can not do. I am impressed… You Go Girl !!

Your garden looks great. I took apart an old crochet granny square quilt and put it back together last winter. I had a great time doing it.

I love the weight of the blanket. Perhaps I should make another one this year. Oh…never mind… I keep saying I should make (blank) then get distracted and make something else. I did find the list I made in January of the things I want to complete this year. Lol…made the list, then misplaced it. Found it 5 months later…and surprisingly I had completed a couple of things on that list.

I mentioned earlier that I had started the year with a To Do craft list. I lost the list then found it again, only to discover that I had actually completed a couple of the goals on my list.
Woo Hoo!

That got me wondering…
Have you all accomplished any of your craft goals for the year yet? Organized, reduced your stash, finished a Wip?

So far, I have finished a Wip, and used up some yarn that had been in my stash for way too long.

Finding the list has helped me refocus a bit.

Can you believe we are already in the month of June. If I am going to accomplish anything else on that list I made, I better focus.

Homemade jam with fresh picked fruit is the best! My favorite thing with homemade jam is homemade biscuits. Thinking about it is making me hungry. :slight_smile:

(I posted in the Embroidery page) Wanted to let everyone know there is a Free 2022 Embroidery Summit this month. June 13-17 online classes.

https://rebeccapage.lpages.co/embroidery-summit-2022-free-registration/?utm_source=klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=n-embroiderysummit-last-chance-all-10a&utm_content=GET%20YOUR%20FREE%20TICKET%20NOW&he={{email}}&el=email&_kx=RiDqMbaFjimRjYS_H3Bfu_v4idlHsEuvGx0jkC_ahOu4hSj9QKGI6-jXdSQdPIGH.ReiYYt

It sounds really fun if I didn’t have anything else to do…

Thank you all! We have had an amazing time, even though it rained buckets on Sunday. I told my kids to make the most of it - not often you get to celebrate something like this. I’ve lived through four Jubilees, but this one was just something so special… Plus Robbie Williams came home and did a fantastic concert at the Vale Park football stadium, so Stoke on Trent had even more to celebrate.

Congratulations! I love your sweater, and I’m so happy for you - hope everything goes smoothly for you and baby.

I have started to go through my pattern stash, which was something I’ve been putting off for a while. I want to get all the paper ones organised into hardcover display books arranged by type (afghans, toys etc) and the booklets into expanding folders, and as I go get rid of or give away ones I really am never going to use. So far I’ve organised and culled all my clothing patterns, from gloves to coatigans.

I’ve finished my gnome for June: this one is Ari, who’s a big fan of the movie Midsommar.

493c092419f08a2c2e37b974b0edae42jpg.jpg

I’m not really into embroidery myself, though I have been wanting to learn some about it. My daughter-in-law loved embroidery, however, so I sent the link to her. I may do a class or two myself, just because I want to learn some more. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations! What an achievement!

It all sounds lovely, I’m so glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Congratulations! I love the sweater and hope everything goes well.

Yum! Fresh strawberries are such a treat. Kudos to your son for soldiering on.

I can’t wait to hear what you think of this loom.