June 2022 Chatter - Crafting on the go!

Congratulations!

I have a washcloth “on the go” in my locker at work. Otherwise, I just grab one of my small project bags on my way out the door. Most of them have starts of blankets, but they are still small enough to work on during the summer.

That is a great idea.
Starter bags… um, do you end up with a ton of bags lying around or looking messy? Or, are they compact enough to store on a shelf or in a basket.? I finally got my yarn organized last year. Maybe I would be able to keep starter bags organized. But, then I would join the many wips club…lol. I guess crafting is a lot like life. Just when I think I have everything orderly and balanced something happens to disrupt that balance and I have to go about trying to find it again.

Happy FO Friday!!! I haven’t finished anything this week. Have a lot to finish though! :slight_smile:

I actually finished something this week - my endangered species animal for June, a Fiji Banded Iguana. And I have an on-the-go project (no photos yet) - I’m doing a shoulder bag made from three square motifs; I can just take out one hook and three balls of yarn, and the pattern is so easy I don’t need the pattern.

I should say, I’m not likely to do much crafting this weekend, because it’s the Platinum Jubilee and there’s a lot going on: today we had a 50s themed music and dance party on the green opposite my house, tomorrow we’re going to a Jubilee picnic in a local park and then to an open air cinema which is showing The Queen’s Corgi, and on Sunday it’s the annual Canal Festival which is of course Jubilee themed this year. After the last two years, we really needed this!

8b395b5fcd0b5afe28f95f3a7f2bafebjpg.jpg

Finally, today I finished my first FO of the last 2 months. The pattern is Zipper sweater by petiteknit. It’s very easy pattern, but it took me 3 months to finish it due to pregnancy. The first trimester is super difficult for me. Good thing that I just passed it :relaxed: and I’m happy to come back to normal :yarn:

IMG_20220603_200751.jpg

I love gray sweaters! And glad you’re feeling better.

Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up! Enjoy your celebrations, and your little Iguana is adorable!

Your little critters are adorable.
I hope you have a great weekend. I enjoyed seeing the different Beacons lit while watching my news.

I agree! Your critters are adorable.

Congratulations on all accounts!

Congratulations on the wee one!!! :). Glad you are feeling better. :heart:

My son and I went strawberry picking today. I managed to help some, but about half way through my feet were burning, but he plowed on for a little while longer.

485E7826-7AB2-4B0D-BCAF-82C28B080C53.jpg

There’s nothing like June strawberries.

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better!

@Char those strawberries look fantastic.

I thought about you the other day. This popped up on my youtube suggestions list.
I can’t even guess the amount of time it must have taken to complete this project. (English Paper Pieced Quilt Top)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1JFzjJmXfc

That is a beautiful quilt :slight_smile:

Oh yum! Fresh ripe berries are one of my favorite things.

Well, after strawberries I thought I would check out the inkle loom a friend is letting me borrow. I have it all warped up, and trying to find my sweet spot tension and edge wise. I warped the full loom so I have plenty. :slight_smile:

D8361D74-DF7C-4A2C-8F26-1B9D8DA639A6.jpg

Beautiful sweater. Congratulations! When are you due?