June 2022 Chatter - Crafting on the go!

This sounds delicious, how long does it last in the fridge? Or is it gone so fast you have no idea?

I haven’t been crafting much but I hope to get back into it this summer.

What a cutie pie!

We had a huge family crisis last year that rearranged many of our lives, moved unexpectedly, and it involved a great deal of stress and emotion. Once things were down to a dull roar I started a challenging and rewarding job teaching at a private school. I’ve taught for years, but this last one was like being a first year teacher again. (Any teachers here know what I mean.) Graduation was Friday, May 27th and I spent last week proving the old adage that an object at rest tends to stay at rest. My craft stuff is scattered about and I’ve done very little crafting. We have a faculty meeting tomorrow and after that I’m not completely sure what I’ll do next. I think I’ll finish a lap blanket I’ve been working on for church. I’d love to have all of my stuff organized but I don’t think I’m up to that yet. I also have quilt squares that need to be sewn into a quilt top. I guess it will be catch as catch can for a bit.

@Lemming Good for you! That’s a lot of work. I didit about 15 years ago when I had a lifetime of accumulation. It was worth it in the end.

I used to do embroidery. But it’s well past my dexterity level these days.

Awwww

Thank you for sharing - I sent this along to my friend who is interested in hand embroidery. She is a newbie

I hope it proves to be a crafty summer. :). I have missed seeing you around!!

Awwww

Thank you! I’ve missed you all as well.

I hope it will be a relaxing summer for you. Are you planning to teach at the same school next year?

What is your favorite acrylic yarn for afghans?

Knit picks brava (they are an affiliate, too)

Adorable!

I hope you have a relaxing, restorative summer!

Thanks everyone!

@Lemming13 That is awesome! It will feel so good when you are done organizing them all.

@FreedomLover I hope you find a craft this summer that you want to do.

@Hellokitten Did you manage to keep everything organized?? I organized mine, but I think maybe I need a bigger binder. And I definitely need to clean my desk top and put the stray patterns away.

I took out a few patterns thinking If I saw them side by side I could decide better which one went with a certain yarn. I either got distracted or couldn’t decide, so those patterns are now outside of their containment device…they are strays. Lol…

Missed you.
Glad you are back. I vote for you working on the first craft that brings you joy…even if that isn’t the one that needs to be finished first.
Pls, Take care of You…it’s time.

I honestly shop local and when the yarn is on sale. (my yarn budget is small.)
I shop with the receiver in mind. I love to take them with me. My favorite memory is taking my son into the yarn shop and showing him why I needed help choosing yarn for him. He had no idea it could be so overwhelming to run in and buy some yarn.

In the end, he chose by color and texture. It was just non fuzzy, but soft, yarn from a big box craft store. And on sale…otherwise he would not have allowed me to spend that much on him. It has held up very well to washing and drying.