June 2020 Sock KAL - Something fishy is going on!

I started these socks yesterday, forgot to post the picture. Yarn is Berroco Comfort Sock acrylic, pattern is my own 3x2 lacy rib.

IMG_20200615_143041267.jpg

Pretty colors!

The striping is perfect, I can’t wait to see more.

Beautiful!

Here is my “Beach Glass” sock blank from Bling Your String. I decided to do the PB&W pattern by bellybuttonknits.
My grandma lived by the New Hampshire shore and she collected bottles from the beach and the local shops. She had huge windows full of them in all shapes and colors. This sock blank has all the colors except the reds and purples.

E476C4B1-06AF-4D66-841A-8E3AB7C1C3DF.jpeg

Gorgeous!

Wow!! This is very nice - and sentimental. :fk:

How do you like working with the sock blank?

This looks great, sock blank? I haven’t heard of that, new skill to learn!

Thanks, all! I like knitting from sock blanks because it’s exciting to see where the colors end up. I have a pile of them, some with designs painted on them. Lots of people don’t like knitting with kinky yarn, but it doesn’t bother me too much, once in a while.

Worsted weight socks.
These are knit to be slipper socks… aka bed socks.
This pair is especially designed to be high-contrast, for a loved one with low vision.
Black and white at the ribbed ankle opening, black heel flap, neon pink foot.
All three yarns (black, white, and pink) are sparkly, to catch a bit of light.
There are 5 columns of cables along the top of the foot, with smooth stockinette on the bottom of the foot.
The first two photos show the cable detail, the third photo is closest to showing the color saturation of the brilliant neon pink sparkly yarn.

sparkly black white pink slipper socks - photo 1.jpg

sparkly black white pink slipper socks - photo 2.jpg

sparkly black white pink slipper socks - photo 3.jpg

Another pair of worsted weight socks.
The yarn is Red Heart Supersaver in the colorway “Americana”… a self-striping yarn which may look familiar as I use it for the Americana Keyhole Scarves.
:slight_smile:
These are my optimistic, patriotic, flag-waving socks to wear during many hours of research and many more hours of typing advocacy for/against proposed legislation… making public records requests… efforts to help keep our US Constitution, rights, liberties, and freedoms… and to keep government transparent and accountable to “We, the people…”
:slight_smile:
Also worn in stealth for this week’s virtual prayer meeting.

patriotic American flag socks - Red Heart Super Saver AMERICANA yarn .jpg

These socks are great!

These are great!

Love these!

Very nicely thought out.

I love how much thought and care was put in on these. And they are really pretty too!

I need to know what July’s theme and color is. I was thinking of dyeing some yarn and maybe July’s color will inspire me.

I think we have to go 4th it July - thoughts?

I love the idea of red, white and blue socks but I have never discovered a red wool yarn that doesn’t bleed. Navy might bleed into the white too. We could do red, white or blue for the colors.

@lovestostitch - good!