June 2020 Sock KAL - Something fishy is going on!

I’ve volunteered to help Char with the Sock KALs. Because I love to plan ahead, I offered to organize a schedule of our monthly KAL themes and monthly colors. I thought we would try something a little bit different. Instead of one pattern of the month we will have a theme. You can choose any pattern you like that fits the theme. We will continue with having a color of the month. I will be dreaming up some themes but if you have ideas to share, please send them to me. I’ll be posting July soon!

Thank you SO much for taking this on! I greatly appreciate it. I look forward to seeing your ideas. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking of maybe some muted tones of red, white and blue. I’ve seen decor like that and love it. I think there’s a term for what I’m taking about but I can’t bring it to mind. Americana maybe?? For home dying I mean. Perhaps that wouldn’t bleed as the color wouldn’t be as saturated??
I have some red acrylic sock yarn from Michael’s as well as some red cotton sock yarn. I know the acrylic doesn’t bled and I sure hope the cotton doesn’t!

@KnitsWithHorses - I’ve used cotton blend sock yarn and it never bled. I have seen bleeding on Sugar 'n Cream yarn. You can always do a test soak.

Thank you for helping out. I really love the sock Kal even though I didn’t get to do any this month.
I know we have international members but I do hope we’ll be doing red, white and blue for July. They are pretty versatile colors after all. :wink:
August is my mama’s birthday and I always knit gentle socks for diabetics and donate them to the reservation in her honor. She was half native American and passed from diabetes at only 68. So any colors will do but it’s about that for me in August. Always.
September maybe a back to school type theme? Not very original I know. Lol

@KnitsWithHorses - I posted July and took care of our international knitters. I also posted a schedule for the rest of 2020. I’ll keep a list of suggestions for using in 2021. The themes are pretty flexible so you should be able to find patterns that go with the theme and meet your needs. The fun is in expressing the theme and sharing with everyone else. It is really nice you remember your mom like that.

@KnitsWithHorses - you will find lovestostitch is already tremendously more organized than I ever was! :slight_smile:

Now I have to get on the stick and find a prize. :slight_smile:

The links to new discussion threads mentioned in recent posts - [INDENT]1) Sock KAL Schedule - July to December 2020
2) July 2020 Sock KAL Chat - Let’s Be Patriotic!
3) July 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Objects Only - No Chatter Please[/INDENT]

@KnitsWithHorses what a lovely way to honor your Mom, I think such a tribute should be a welcome contribution to any month’s SKAL.

Don’t forget to post your finished socks (singles or pairs) in the June finished thread. Any socks count for the drawing!

June Finished Socks

Good morning!

@Monchichi you are the winner of the pouch from @Sings4joy . @Sings4joy thank you so much for donating. I look forward to seeing which pouch you choose.

5A22B03A-ED00-44E8-B26B-C6C9EA9415EC.jpeg

Congratulations, @Monchichi !!!

Congratulations @Monchichi !! I’m excited to send you one of my pouches!!

Congratulations @Monchichi!

Congratulations @Monchichi!

Yay!!!

The pattern looks beautiful, I might just be ready to challenge myself this month! And, I have some beautiful lavender yarn just waiting for something special :blush::blush:. I’m excited, hard to wait to get started…

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:55379}[/ATTACH]

Do you have to wait till June 1 [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:55788}[/ATTACH] for socks to count for this month? I’ve just spent all morning working up a design for the yarn Ryley dyed and realized it’s May 31st… :face_with_hand_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t know the official answer but I’ve always waited till the 1st. I started a shawl to keep me busy for a few days so I could hold off on starting my new socks.

I’ve been working on getting a late start on a temperature blanket but I started the socks today because I was thinking it was the first like a big ding dong. :joy: