January 2023

I’m curious as to why you want a truck? We have one because we use it for pulling our travel trailer. It’s nice to have a truck for hauling big items but I wouldn’t want it for my every day car. I don’t like driving the truck and I would never use it for shopping. I can’t get a bag of dog food up into the bed of the truck and I don’t want to climb up into the bed either. The other thing is the bed of a truck, even with a good cover, is not waterproof. When we travel, we keep all of our stuff in plastic tote boxes. Then there is gas mileage - very bad! We didn’t use our trailer last summer when gas prices were so high. We get about 8 mpg when pulling the trailer. Without the trailer, I think it’s 14.

I love my SUV. I used to have a Honda Pilot which is a bigger SUV but now I have a smaller one - Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (a brand I wouldn’t recommend). The Pilot had more storage space but my Santa Fe is big enough for my regular Costco runs. If I had kids at home, I would stick with the bigger SUV.

1 Like

@Char do you have much snow? We have about 4 inches so far, and it’s still coming down

1 Like

Hi, I am wondering if any of you use Instagram, because I have a question!

I have joined a really fun CAL, being run by Claudia Dingle (sunbirdcrochet on Instagram). The idea is that you choose a piece of art and crochet something inspired by that art work. The CAL runs for the entire year. (The hash tag is #butmakeitcrochetcal)

So, she said she was setting up a group chat for those participating. I DM’d her and she said she added me. But I am embarrassed to say, I cannot figure out where the chat group is located!

Has anyone here participated in a group before? I’m (obviously) very new to Instagram – I’ve searched all over for help on this, but no luck!

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I use Instagram, but I will admit that I’m not super familiar with it yet either. If she set up a group chat, it should be in your messages. If you are not sure where your messages are, look for the little paper airplane thing. I don’t know if you are using a computer/tablet or a phone, so I did a screenshot of my laptop screen and my phone screen with the Messages circled in yellow. Once you click on it, you should see your list of messages anyone has sent to you, as well as any group chats you have been added to. Hope this helps!

1 Like

How are you feeling?

The enablers here got me interested in making some embroidered tea towels. I was at Hobby Lobby today and I happened to see their display of the iron-on transfers. They are so much cheaper than JoAnn’s. Some were $.99 and others were $1.99. I got this one. I haven’t embroidered in a long time. Any tips?

4 Likes

We had a few inches but it is melting already. I wonder if that will make things icy in the morning. Hope not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I finished the WIP I was working on after work. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@lovestostitch Embroidery stitches to use. https://www.dmc.com/us/p-embroidery-stitch-guide.html

I like to use a hoop to hold the fabric taught while I sew.

~We do a lot of things that need a truck. If we don’t purchase another one we will have to rent one multiple times a year. A new Toyota truck will get 20 in city and 23 hwy. (perhaps 19 and 24 depending on what cite you google.) Our current truck was purchased in 1991 and is still running along.

2 Likes

I am doing okay. My knee is still killing me, but I am much better otherwise. I got my walker yesterday so I can get around easier, even though I do feel like an underaged little old lady walking around with it! :baby:t3: :older_woman:t3: :laughing:

3 Likes

Aha! That’s it! Thank you soooo much.

I looked at those messages several times, but I never realized that if I clicked on one, I’d see the conversation!

Isn’t it funny I was not able to find that information anywhere?

Cheers!

3 Likes

Wip Wednesday

Baby tee-jacket and hat for a coworker

6 Likes

Thanks for the link to the stitch guide.

1 Like

For color inspiration, I always Google what the real plant looks like so I can pick out colors.

3 Likes

He is doing amazingly well considering the extent of his injuries. He’s had 2 surgeries and they were initially planning for 3 but they think he might not need the 3rd one. He will be in the hospital for a while as he will need in-patient therapy but it seems like everything is functioning properly from the waist up. Remains to be seen how much lower body function he regains. Thank you for thinking of him. I am so thankful for the support.

6 Likes

I’m so glad that he is improving. I have been thinking about him a lot and praying for his recovery. :pray:t3: :heart:

2 Likes

Good morning and happy Saturday. I am working on finishing a QFK quilt top this morning and then going to work on my next graduation quilt. I’ll be making this pattern with this fabric :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Char…I am looking forward to seeing this quilt. I love the pattern and colors.
I was able to de-clutter paper and art supplies yesterday. As well as work on a blanket while watching old black and while Charlie Chan mysteries on You Tube.

I missed the zoom call again. I got busy and completely forgot about the time. I also learned of the passing of a dear friend yesterday. (Pastor Jim Chambers) He fought cancer for the last few years. He endured years of Chemo. They knew he would be placed on hospice earlier this month. He was able to fight another 10days before his strength was used up. He leaves behind a wife, 4 grown children, many grandchildren and tons of friends.

1 Like

We’ve talked on here about nice movie recommendations. Last night we watched Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris. It was super cute and has a PG rating. My hubby was expecting a chick flick that he wouldn’t enjoy but he really liked it.

We watched it on Amazon Prime and there is a rental fee. We don’t normally rent movies but I agreed to delayed shipping on a lot of my Christmas gifts and earned a bunch of digital credits so we get to watch a few free movies.

2 Likes

Just asking around. I can’t find a Reading Challenge for 2023.
Did I miss it?
(I know there is a group for mystery lovers. However, in years past we could set a goal and try to meet it.)

Would anyone be interested in that again this year?

2 Likes