January 2023

Good morning and Happy New Year!!!

This about sums things up for me and I’ll leave it with my New Years resolution. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

So true. I was trying to explain to a friend how the whole pairing yarn to pattern thing works, and I told her my best ones are where the yarn told me “I want be (fill in the blank)”. Sometimes that process is immediate, other times it takes years and false starts.

6 Likes

That is sooo not true for you. You are the most productive quilter I know! And the fact that they are mostly given away from your very generous heart says something magnificent about you. Happy New Year sister.

3 Likes

2023 Crafting Goals:

1. Not buy yarn, fiber for spinning is ok
  2. Spin every day
  3. Produce more for my shop
  4. Do not make Christmas gifts or promise commissions with deadlines unless it is something that truly gives me joy.
  5. Finish WIPs by end of February
  6. Use my handspun
7 Likes

I am enjoying seeing the 2023 goals. I haven’t made any goals for this new year yet. My people are still home and enjoying their last few days off before life gets busy again. So…I am enjoying their company and have placed my crafts aside.

I have a request… Can we have a Roll Call of Business Owners to start of the New Year? (or do we already have a thread for that?)

Having a Roll call would do two things. It would help us as a community know. But, maybe more importantly, It would help increase sales…for free. (Woo Hoo! Free advertising) There are a few things I am looking for this year…and I would rather buy from you all than from Amazon or a big box store.

6 Likes

Happy New Year! 2023 crafting goals - get the cat to leave me alone long enough to finish more projects. Quite how I’m going to do that I don’t know, as I can only type this because he’s out playing but will be back and on my keyboard as soon as it gets a bit colder or wetter…

1 Like

Thank you :heart::heart:

I own two part time businesses (:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) but neither would be what you are looking for. Lol

1 Like

I have made a list of UFOs I have. Oh my goodness. Would you believe I had four quilts that just need borders??? I finished two today, started a third. And I am quite proud of myself - I even put the fabric back away and scraps neatly folded to be passed along to people who like scraps. :slight_smile:

January and February get kind of busy, but I am hoping to finish my UFOs by the end of January (maybe not quilted but at least the tops done and ready for the quilter.

I found the last UFO list I made…. Two tops are still on the list. Time to finish up and not start new ones.

5 Likes

If you scroll All the way down on the main page, you will see a Marketplace Directory with various categories.

2 Likes

I have two crafting goals for this year. One is to finish all of my WIPs by the end of March. The other is to use or give away all of my stash by the summer. Since I have had the stash goal for at least two years, it will be a challenge.

I want to make room in my life for fresh projects and even fresh crafts!! :crossed_fingers: :pray:

6 Likes

Thank you @PurlgirlButtons.

I did find the Marketplace Directory area. However, it is completely empty.
No ones shop is listed.
No brick and mortar, No Etsy link, Nothing.

As an edit. If I click on the Title I do get a long list of options…most have zero listings.
And I cannot find stores/shops/businesses. I can find a few patterns and such. I can’t create a new listing. I get a red zero with a line thru it when I try.

1 Like

My knitting goal would be “use more than buy”. Also I want to sew one small quilt and one dress.

3 Likes

Yeah, the Marketplace Directory was imported from the old forum but its format doesn’t work well with the new forum. We do have a Vendors section where folks can post.

1 Like

I guess the Vendors section was what I was thinking of.

1 Like

I attempted to make a 2023 Vendor List today. I hope it works. My goal is two fold. To help fiber shops prosper, but also to help us buy from our very own FiberKind friends. Please take a minute and enter your info.

For all my Northern and Central California People out there. I hope you are prepared for this upcoming storm. (bomb cyclone) Please reach out if you are in need of something.

For those who do not know. Parts of California are going to be hit hard once again with a big storm. The issue is not just some rain falling down. It is the amazing wind. And water falling too fast/often to soak in or drain away. We have levees breaching, power still out, flooding…etc, in multiple areas.
Sure it’s happening in large cities. But, it is also happening where your food is grown. From apples and almonds, to rice, grain and cattle. Even the wild bird sanctuaries are flooded.

Stay safe everyone.

1 Like

Oh man, I have been wrapped up in my own little world and had no clue. I hope it passes quickly. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I saw this on the news. I hope you are safe.

1 Like

I had a good crafting day today. I learned some new things on how to use my serger. Thank goodness for the internet! I could not figure out how to get a nice looking edge. I played with the tension but that didn’t help. Then I found a good series of videos and learned that an essential part was not installed on my serger. It was in the box but I had no idea what it was. I figured this out when the video told me to remove it to make a rolled hem. I’ve mastered the rolled hem and tomorrow I’ll put the part back in and try overlock edges again.

My sloppy edges:

My pretty rolled edge:

5 Likes

2023 goal
-Finish 4 sweaters or more (bonus points for finishing them in time to wear during the correct season of 2023)
-Buy yarn for fewer sweaters than I finish.
-Finish at least 9 projects in my 2021 planner and 3 in my 2022 planner (stretch goal)
-weave something impressive
-sew stockings for my daughter and son-in-law and have them filled and sent before St Nick’s (12/6 is when NE Wi stockings are filled)
-teach my new cat that knitting yarn is not a toy (decade goal :smirk_cat:)

6 Likes