January 2023

I would be interested. Where is the 2022 challenge? I couldn’t find it even though I’ve participated in the past.

1 Like

Nevermind, I found last year’s it is in the Off topic area. Maybe start the new one there?

1 Like

It’s been an interesting January, how can it be almost over already? Here’s a work in progress; I keep tweaking this neck warmer pattern, hoping it won’t curl, but I think I’ll have to give up the stockinette stitch on the next one.

5 Likes

Welcome, Ruth, I’m glad you found us! I hope you’ll like it here, everyone is very friendly and supportive and we all love a new fiber friend! :yarn: :heart:

Ruth is a friend from a group over on FB and I told her she would love it here, so everyone be nice to her! (Not that anyone normally isn’t nice!)

4 Likes

This is why I can’t get as much embroidery done as I’d like to…

9 Likes

Welcome Ruth!

3 Likes

Welcome!!!

I agree - January has come and nearly gone all too fast.

3 Likes

Welcome Ruth I like the colors of your neck warmer!

2 Likes

Welcome to FiberKind.
Hope you enjoy the site.

I love the colors in your neck warmer. What kind of yarn are you using? Looks cozy.

1 Like

I’m up for it!

Hello there, welcome to Fiberkind! I love that neck warmer. How do you keep the stitches at each end so neat? Mine always end up sort of loopy when I knit.

1 Like

You have my sympathy - my cat Spot feels it is his mission in life to stop me knitting, crocheting, embroidering and posting on the net (I can only type this because he is currently outside name calling the neighbour’s tortoiseshell lady).

1 Like

Finished

7 Likes

I don’t know, it’s just the way it turned out! Maybe it’s the cheap yarn? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One is a Red Heart Multicolor “Artist Print”; not sure what the solid mauve is. Stashbusting.

5 Likes

@HeatherAthebyne , that is so funny, and what gorgeous needlework!

1 Like

Thank you :smile:

Well, I definitely don’t have time but I’m headed to my happy place.

First form shortage issues (on the software’s part), then software update delays.

Today - clients waiting for the last minute to do those software updates. And - as luck would have it - the software downloads site is down so we can’t get the needed updates.

And the Feds don’t care of course, and returns are due tomorrow.

Ok - on to my sewing room where the beginnings of my quilt are waiting for me.

5 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

@Nyssareen - I made the Rye Chocolate Chip cookies today. :slight_smile: Delicious!

1 Like