January 2023

Happy Birthday Char, hope it is a good one.

3 Likes

:partying_face:Happy Birthday Char :partying_face:

Is anyone else reorganizing part of their house? My goal was to clean out and reorganize one closet. That was productive as I was able to throw out some old games and reorganize some linens. Today I am going to tackle another closet.

My end goal is to have an inside the house pantry. Instead of storing the extras in the garage.
I am down sizing as well. I have come to realize that I have a lot of things that belong to my fantasy self…you know the one… The one who is going to scrapbook, use stamps, be so active that I need 10 to-go cups, and be able to fit in those close again.

4 Likes

If they bring it up again, suggest that they ask an LYS to send someone to give a speech/presentation on knitting. I believe most LYSs will have classes they can continue with. They would probably welcome the advertising opportunity.

1 Like

Good idea. The local Lys charges $15 ea. for an hour for groups of new knitters and $25 an hour for one on one.

1 Like

Very reasonable.

1 Like

Many happy returns, Char!

I managed to finish a cushion cover, no thanks to the cat.

7 Likes

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I definitely know the fantasy self. Need to definitely do a purge of those supplies too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hope is not that flu that’s going around down here. It’s awful! My oldest daughter has it right now, which really stinks because Caleb is her stepson and she can’t go see him till she’s not contagious. She’s still running a fever as of this morning. :disappointed:

1 Like

I think I missed your birthday? Hope it was fantastic. Like that quilt! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Update on Caleb. It took a while to get him stable enough for surgery because he had internal bleeding and his heart was bruised causing his heart rate to stay out of control for a while. But he had his first (of at least 3) surgeries on his back. The doctors said it went well and he is stable but still in ICU. They aren’t willing to give a prognosis yet about whether he will be permanently disabled or not. We are praying hard because this is a VERY A active and outdoorsy type of guy. I appreciate all the prayers so much y’all. :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Here is what I am working on this weekend. I am trying to get it large enough to donate. I think I will continue with the orange then perhaps add a brown. I need at least three more inches to this blanket.

What are you all working on this weekend?

3 Likes

@KnitsWithHorses I’m praying for Caleb. Hope everything will go well with him.

@Char My best wishes for your birthday!! Hope you enjoyed it.

I have only one FO this week. The pattern is Skiff by Jared Flood. Yarn is 90% lambswool, 10% cashmere. Needles 3 mm, 3.5 mm

8 Likes

I have been keeping your family, and especially Caleb, in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your daughter gets better soon so she can see her baby. :heart:

2 Likes

Yes, thank goodness, he says he’s never going near a motorcycle again. His father had ridden a Harley for years, as have 2 of my brothers. But my mom was a nurse who was often on call for the emergency room who told too many stories of how horrible the injuries were of even “minor” accidents for me to be happy to see any loved one choose to ride motorcycles. But to be honest, with his injuries I doubt it will ever be an option. His second surgery will Monday and they will be trying to repair his hips. I will honestly be surprised if he walks unaided again. :cry:

1 Like

Thank you. :revolving_hearts: She hasn’t run a fever all day and her symptoms are finally starting to ease so she’ll will hopefully be able to see him tomorrow. She got to do a video chat today. I’m guessing when he’s eventually released he will stay with her. Even after she and his father divorced, he stayed with Bonni. She was his custodial Mom from age 7 on.

4 Likes

Thank you Natalia. :revolving_hearts: I hope the new baby is doing well. I love that hat! I’ve done a couple of Jared’s patterns before. I’ll have to look for this one.

2 Likes

Wow this is so lovely.
It looks like a complicated pattern.
And sounds so warm.
(I am California wimpy over here. It is about 32degrees (F) and I am freezing.)

2 Likes

@KnitsWithHorses I am praying for Caleb!!

I finally got the ends woven in on these two projects. Several more to go!!
The blanket was a stashbuster, meant to use up lots of Scheepjes Colour Crafter yarn. The second is the Hitch a Ride Scarf by Susan Lowman.

9 Likes

It was crafting day at Town hall. I put borders on this quilt of valor quilt and worked on the bargello quilt (pic when finished)

9 Likes