Holiday Season

Kris Kringle’s cane in the house that Susan wished for.

Sad to say Robin Robin was a bit of a let-down - nothing like the quality of past Aardman animations like Wallace and Gromit. Reasonably nice film for family viewing, though.

Yes!!

I haven’t watched the classic Christmas movies in so long that I don’t stand a chance of answering these questions but they are fun to read and see someone else answer.

How many angels got their wings in “It’s a Wonderful life”?

(My best guess as I know it was a lot more than 1. We used it as a drinking game. Bell drang you did the silver shot glass. There was also red, gold, blue and green shot glasses.Each had an action or word tied to it. I was so smashed that night I can’t recall the actual count.)

I’m going to guess 45 because I know there are a TON of bells that ring. The only one I know for sure was Clarence at the end, but there were a bunch given out in the bar when Nick rings the register bell repeatedly, telephones ring, and there are even the bells that ring in the opening credits.

Who plays Charles Dickens in the theatrically released 1992 adaptation of A Christmas Carol? (yes, it is slightly a trick question)

If it is the Muppet Christmas Carol, then Gonzo (David Goetz) was Charles Dickens.

Shoot even getting into the neighborhood is amazing being how many shots I had that night. Been 20 or so years since that night.

I know it was NOT George C Scott.

@Nyssareen Yep that is the version I know and love. Hence why I knew it was not him in the 1992 version. lol Yeah the Future ghost makes me a bit nervous to this day.

My favorite "serious " Christmas Carol is the one with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge. Of course we have to watch the Muppets too!

I LOVE the Patrick Stewart version! If it weren’t for the fact that I grew up with the George C. Scott version and loved it so much as a kid, that one might win for my favorite but nostalgia must play its part, so George C. Scott wins. I absolutely love both though. :heart:

Here’s one for the Hallmark Christmas movie lovers - In the movie “The Christmas Card,” what is the name of the soldier who receives the card and where does he go because of the card?

I have seen this one and I have no clue what the name of the town or solider was, but the town was in California. I remember the woman’s name for some odd reason. lol

Trivia
What holiday movie does the phrase “Free Frosty” come from?

Frosty the Snowman

Snow Days!!

In Christmas in Connecticut (original version), what did Barbara Stanwyck buy herself for Christmas?