Holiday Season

I am a bit excited. Actually I am driving my kids crazy. One told me I am cut off from sugar because I am too hyper. I had 2 tsp of sugar in my coffee this morning and water the rest fo the day… There went that theory.

This is my time to knit and watch my favorite seasonal movies. Here is the list of my family’s must watch movies over the next several months.

Starting Thanksgiving day we will watch:

• Miracle on 34th Street
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  • The Bishop's Wife
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer
  • Christmas Chronicles
  • The Santa Clause
  • White Christmas
  • Holiday Inn
  • Meet Me In St Louis
  • Arthur Christmas
  • Christmas Carol
  • The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
  • Holiday Affair, Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Die Hard
  • Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Harry Potter
  • A Christmas Story
  • Christmas With the Kranks
  • Prancer
  • Christmas in Connecticut
  • Santa Claus: The Movie
  • Jingle All the Way
  • Babes in Toyland
  • Joyeux Noel
  • Deck the Halls
  • The Star
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Nestor the Long Eared Donkey
  • Jack Frost
  • Polar Express
I will be knitting a gift for my husband. I also have gifts for others to knit and the two blankets to work on during this time. I know there are some I have forgotten to list as I always forget some of the ones we watch every year. A good number are watched on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

What do you all do this time of year? Are there movies you must watch this time of year? Books you read? Music you listen to? What traditions do you have?

oh and there are a few other movies my children were kind enough to add to our must watch this year list. Now if we can get some snow I would be most grateful.

I asked @Penguin_Lass if it was ok if I shared her blog post here, and with her OK, here it is!

I thought it would be fun to have a section to share holiday movies, share what you are watching, and maybe we can have a watch along? :slight_smile:

I love to watch the Hallmark Christmas movies.

Agree with all! I love all of them.

One of my all time oldies favorites is Christmas in Connecticut, the original with Barbara Stanwyk.

A more recent favorite is The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, with Henry Winkler.

There are so many good ones.

You already have most of my favourites, but I can add Scrooge with Albert Finney, and Scrooged with Bill Murray to the movie list; we often add The Lion In Winter, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Gremlins. On Christmas Eve (my birthday) we have our holiday horrors, with choices from the BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas, Krampus, Rare Exports, Santa’s Slay and Saint. Around the holiday I like to read the stories of MR James, Hercule Poirot’s Christmas, and there’s a beautiful novel by Carolyn Sheehan called Magnificat which I think is perfect for this season. And every year we watch one of three ballets by the Royal Ballet that we have on blu ray - The Nutcracker, Cherevichki, or Sleeping Beauty.

Oh, I forgot about Christmas in Connecticut, I LOVE that movie!

Amazing suggestions thank you everyone.

I like this first one because Some of it mirrors my family/house. Crazy things going on all the time…and we love it! LOL.

You Can’t Take it With You
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Can’t_Take_It_with_You_(film)

It Happened on 5th Avenue
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Happened_on_5th_Avenue

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear & One Magic Christmas are two more I found when I was looking this weekend for Thursday movies

Two more of my favorites!

My favorites are already on the list. The others I will be watching are not Christmas movies, but the Lord of the Rings Trilogy was originally released in theaters during the Christmas season, and they were the last movies I watched in a theater with my father before he passed.

So my list is:
Charlie Brown Christmas
LOTR
Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer (the original claymation)

I’m watching one of my favorite Hallmark movies - “The Christmas Card.” I’ve already seen it a couple of times but I’ll still enjoy it.

I love that one too, it’s so sweet. My mom loved the feel-good Hallmark Christmas movies and watching them always makes me think of her. One that came out after she passed that I love and I know she would have loved as well as The Rooftop Christmas Tree. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. It is definitely a feel-good movie! :heart::heart::heart:

How about a trivia game about holiday movies? We can ask questions and see who can answer - without googling the answer! I’ll start though my question is not about a specific movie.

What beverage do they regularly drink in Hallmark Christmas movies?

Eggnog?

Hot cocoa?

Hot cocoa

In the movies I watched last night… Egg Nog and Champagne. (NOT mixed together)

For those of us who do not have the Hallmark Channel, I wanted to let you know that you can search YouTube for them…for free. I have a television with rabbit ear antennae and can receive the ION channel. They play them on there too.

It’s hot cocoa! They drink it all the time! :slight_smile: