Holiday Season

@Penguin_Lass Nope!

@DJM They may say it in that one, but I’m not aware of it because I don’t think I have ever seen that one.

In the movie I’m thinking of it is said repeatedly at multiple points in the movie.

Oh dang it, I know what movie you are thinking of, but I will let others try to guess.

Let’s try Christmas with the Kranks? (not sure if I spelled it correct)

Wasn’t she wearing a white fur stole in that movie? Was that her Christmas present?

C!ose, but no.

A cowl type wrap

That’s one of our fun Christmas must watch movies.

I want to say it was a fox stole, but it’s been too long since I saw the movie!

I believe it was a pre 2010 movie. See what I mean by useless information in my head

I am trying to remember the cover photo for the movie. It is ether a stole or cowl, but I am probably way off base as it is not one I watch. I more listen to the entire movie. Now I need to go find it and watch.

It was a full length brown mink coat. She had it delivered to her apartment at the beginning of the movie.

Maybe the remake had a stole? I haven’t seen the remake.

I watched A Royal Queens Christmas Saturday night on Hallmark. I thought it was really sweet. I guess I love all Christmas movies involving royals/peasants, or castles, or stately country houses in Scotland, Ireland, or England!

Me too! These are my favorites. I watched one yesterday from GAC Christmas :slight_smile:

His name is Cody. He is handed a Christmas card from one of the other soldiers in his unit. That soldier received the card from his hometown. The church ladies wrote cards to their town soldiers. Cody decides to visit the town and thank the person who wrote the card. He visits Nevada City, CA - and falls in love with the young lady who wrote the card!

I missed this post before, somehow, but I love both of these movies! I remember watching You Can’t Take it With You as a kid, but I only found It Happened on 5th Avenue for the first time last year and fell in love at first watch. It is definitely on my “watch every Christmas” list now!

My kids still get the dvds too.

That was pretty good.

I keep thinking that all of these princes keep marrying American girls. Pretty soon there won’t be any left for American boys.

Also why are there so many small (fictitious) countries - pretty funny.

Trivia Question:

What does the word “humbug” actually mean?

Decided it was time to watch A
Christmas Carol

Yes, but which version? There are dozens!