February 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

Here are my February socks! They didn’t turn out like I first envisioned, but they morphed into socks I really like. :slight_smile: The brown stripe at the toes might be my favorite touch.
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89965}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89966}[/ATTACH]

Another entry for theme: love
There are knit/purt hearts in the brown yarn, and then the color pattern hearts where it changes from brown to pink mid-foot.
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89968}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89969}[/ATTACH]

Another for color: PINK!
I don’t wear pink much, but I like it mixed with other colors, and this soft brown seemed a good pairing. This “pink” is Jacquard Vermillion dye, used sparingly, and it’s more of a mauve or plum color … but pink enough. :slight_smile:
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89971}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89972}[/ATTACH]

They turned out so nice. I love the combination.

I love the brown and pink too, it’s a really pretty combination, and the pattern you used is cute too!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:90083}[/ATTACH]

One done. I really like that this yarn has little flecks of color in the light pink so it doesn’t look like a plain self striping.

Very pretty!

Looks great!

Good for you!!! That’s beautiful.

“I’m secretly making an extra pair every few months to hide away so that she can have them someday when I’m gone. Hopefully a lifetime supply of socks.”

@KnitsWithHorses oh my goodness - that is lovely. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A pair finished through the heels = one finished sock.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:90242}[/ATTACH]

Pretty texture pattern.

Kind of camo color. I wish I could figure out how to dye my own camo. It’s not that easy to find camo sock yarn.

@lovestostitch - The pattern is a modification of the SKYP sock. @KnitsWithHorses - The main color is a medium gray, I couldn’t get the lighting right, so it looks more green. I’ll try to do better when I post the finished socks :blush:

Just finished these :blush:. This is a truer color than the picture in the post above.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:90304}[/ATTACH]

You said you dyed this yarn, right? Did you use food coloring? They look so nice.

Love them!

I love the colors and the pattern. So pretty!

@lovestostitch - I didn’t dye this yarn. (The yarn I dyed with liquid food coloring is in post #6). This was purchased from Etsy Shop, “Yarns By The Bay”, our own @LizB hand dyes this beautiful sock yarn. It’s a terrific treat to knit with it :grinning:

@Pegg Thomas and @Nyssareen - thanks so much :grinning:

Actually on my laptop it looks gray. I guess it was the color on my phone that made it look camo green. lol