February 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

This thread is for your finished socks. Posts should be finished socks only but you may give compliments as Comments below the post. We do this to make it easier to pick a winner with a random number generator. Please feel free to chat away in our Chat thread.

You are eligible for up to four entries. Please make a separate post for each entry. You may post the following entries: [LIST=1]

• Picture of the first finished sock (or two through the heels) - any socks started this month count.
  • Picture of a completed pair - any socks count. Socks started before the beginning of this month may be finished and entered as a completed pair.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses a pattern that goes with the monthly theme. Please include the name of your pattern and how it coordinates with the theme.
  • Picture of a finished pair that uses the featured color. [/LIST] Our theme for February is Love. Love can be hearts or it can be doing a pattern that your loved one especially appreciates. Tell us how your pattern says Loveđź’•!

Color of the month is Pink.

• Our prize this month will be perfect for the March Sock Knit Along.

Our AWESOME anonymous donor has donated this skein if sock yarn for the February prize. :fk:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:88778}[/ATTACH]

Perfect!

Posting my #2 - Completed Pair. I started these in January, but finished them last night. - Yarn is Knit Spin Farms - little known holidays colorway of Festival of Owls. The toe is Bumble Acres Farms Coquette sock mini

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“title”:“0205210848_2.jpg”,“data-attachmentid”:89275}[/ATTACH]

Nice!

They look great.

92 grams of yarn in these :slight_smile:

Great color way!

Those are so pretty and look so toasty and warm!

Finally posting my socks that I started in January. I took them off the needles last night. I used the January picture of my kitchen table view of our garden pond for my inspiration of color and yarn choice. I also used it for my pattern choice, so I guess that maybe qualifies as extra entries?? No matter, but I am looking forward to wearing them, now that there is still snow on the ground and more on the way, with subzero temps coming up. I ran outside in the 11 degree (F) weather to sneak a picture of these this morning. I wanted something different than my same-ol, same-ol indoor pics. :slight_smile:

The yarn is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4-ply in Owl Colorway for main part and Poppy Seed colorway for the contrast yarn. I used Cat Bordhi’s Darjeeling pattern from The Signature Book of Socks as my design feature, partly because I thought the name was reminding me of drinking hot tea on a freezing winter day! I did adapt it to use Fish Lips Kiss heel pattern, so the sole and heel are done a bit differently. I’m re-posting the picture I used for my inspiration. I think I just may wear them today!!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89361}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89360}[/ATTACH]

Very nice!

Definitely the perfect socks for a winter day!

Nice socks! You would have been eligible to post four times (first sock, finished socks, theme and color) but you were too late for the drawing. You can post for a finished socks entry in the February Finished thread since you finished them in February.

Thanks, Ladies. @lovestostitch - I did post an entry for the beginning with my starting picture and the theme and color. Just didn’t finish them in time! :slight_smile: This is my entry for a finished pair in February, I guess.

I am learning to love this yarn–just knitted a pair in this brand.

@rkennell - Great! You can post for multiple pairs each month.

I finished my first ever full-sized sock! I’ve made a pair of baby booties before, but this is my first adult sock and I have to say, I think I’m an addict! I have really big feet, so I am generally consigned to wearing men’s socks and not cute girly socks and now that I know how easy it is, I’m going to be making a LOT more! This is my first of a pair that I’m making with pink and cream Hygge yarn that my daughter-in-law gave me and I can’t wait to get the second one done so I can wear these soft, warm, CUTE slipper socks all the time!
    [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89525}[/ATTACH]

So cute!!! And good to see someone else is bitten by the sock bug!

Nice! And yes - this is addicting! Also, you’re in great company here. We had a thread going last month about big feet. Lots of size 11s around here. :slight_smile:

That looks great!! I can’t believe that is your first one! Looks way way better than my first one did. We have a lot of ladies with bigger feet around here apparently. But I think my daughter is still the champ of the big feet. LOL She wears a MEN’s size 13 shoe. She is also 6’3" tall. That is what got me started kntting socks too. :slight_smile: I had been knitting for 20+ years and was scared to make socks. But Harmoni was 13 when she stopped being able to wear ladies socks so… I made socks. And to this day she pretty much only ever wears handknit socks. I’m secretly making an extra pair every few months to hide away so that she can have them someday when I’m gone. Hopefully a lifetime supply of socks.