February 2021 chatter

Wonderful!! The hat looks like a chocolate brown, can’t wait to see the bunny finished.

WIP Wednesday
a honeycomb pattern

image.jpg

Lovely, great colors…

I learned something new tonight in class. Completed knit and crochet projects can be considered Income. It came up under Imputed Income: Personal Consumption. When the instructor asked the class why Personal Consumption items were not taxed, I laughed, said Administrative Convenience to avoid headaches, and held up the crochet washcloth I was working on.

I was sitting in the last row to avoid distracting the other students.

Nice pattern

LOL! That sounds a lot like an accounting (or some sort of econ/business) class?

@K2-Tog - The class is Income Taxation for Individuals.

@Steph - I still remember my tax class as an undergrad! I hope you are enjoying it!

Happy zoom Friday everyone!

While you can always post pictures of any sorts, Fridays are the special day for finished objects. :slight_smile:

I didn’t finish anything this week, but maybe this weekend I’ll be able to. We’ll see. I need to find the burgundy fabric I bought for my quilt top. Sigh. I know it is here. I wonder if it accidentally got packed in the Christmas stuff.

Anyway - Happy Friday!

No FOs for me. I’m working on a duster length sweater/coat, a lace and cables baby blanket and a size 2X sweater for me. LOL I’m fixing to start a couple of smaller, crochet projects though cuz I need some quicker (not instant but definitely quicker) gratification here! Those in the zoom will get a sneak peak of the test sweater. I got permission from Kay. :wink:

I finished a washcloth and a section of a test knit.

Hey, that counts in my book.

Good morning and happy Saturday! I am working a bit this morning - year end stuffs. The rest of the weekend, though, I hope to be at my sewing machine. I want to piece together my quilt top today, and maybe even start the quilting process this weekend. Woot! :slight_smile:

How are you all doing? Staying safe, warm, healthy?

@Char does that mean you found the misplaced burgundy fabric? woo hoo…

We are not as cold as some parts of the country. I think maybe it got down to freezing…however, since I am whimpy that is uncomfortably cold for me when I have to go out at 5 am.
I have seen on my you tube feed that some parts of our country have been getting blizzards and such. (I have been avoiding tv news. And my local stations online…are not giving a very diverse selection of news) I do not have a clue how other countries are doing. Remember when the news talked about stuff other than politics and covid?? Seems like so long ago now.

Hoping to craft a bit today. I have things to rip out and fix.
For some reason…i have been procrastinating on this for months now.

I feel like I am waiting for the sword to fall here. They said the “arctic blast” would be here by Sunday, no wait Tuesday, well by Wednesday for sure. Can we just get it over with?! And now they are saying it’s going to stay down in the 20s with lows in the teens and single digits for over a week… so far. And I am definitely a wimp about weather that cold! I’m not supposed to even go out because extremes of temperature can set off flares with MG. Not going to be a great birthday. But that happens a lot when you’re a February baby in Oklahoma. February is almost always the harshest month.

Is it your birthday?

Yesterday it was 27 here at 7 am. By 3pm it was 69! It was clear and bright. I hope we dry out for z few days.

@KnitsWithHorses - when is your birthday??? I need to send you a birthday crown!!

If anyone else has a birthday please let me know - I’d happily send you a birthday crown made by one of our members. :fk:

@hereami Yes! I found the burgundy :slight_smile:

here are the first couple rows. :fk:

10DC7374-5330-43CF-A2ED-88F838514510.jpeg

@KnitsWithHorses My daughter turns 40 on the 9th, Her second daughter turns 12 on the 11th and my other daughter’s daughter turns 2 on the 13Th. Yay for February.

So pretty. Do I see a wine glass??