February 2021 chatter

You do such beautiful work.

@DJM - yes! The jelly roll I used is all wine themed. :slight_smile: corks, grapes, vines, and wine glasses!

Thank you :fk:

@crosstitchlinda so y’all have a crazy February too! My dil is Feb 17 as well. The only month crazier than Feb around here is April.

Well, I think I had a bias issue. My top won’t steam flat, or if it is flat, it does this when I pick it up. (And I MIGHT have an issue with some 1/4” seam allowances. Lol)

Is this able to be rescued? Will it be noticeable after machine quilting and washing?

274279FF-EDD2-4C00-9990-BF4B8AB6D6B3.jpeg

I had this happen when I used a sashing strip between squares. I don’t know why. It still showed after quilting.

I’m not a quilter so this is just an ironing answer. Did you use a steamer or an iron set on a steam setting? I think a steaming iron works better to get wrinkles out. I have a steamer but I find ironing works better.

I used an iron with a steam setting. I think I’m going to take out the border and sashing and redo.

I decided to start something bargello. I am thinking a table runner and placemats. :slight_smile:

1527FF57-F02E-403F-825E-C685FCA9045C.jpeg

I’m glad to hear that is all resolved.

I love the colors in this one, I hope you’re able to fix the burgundy top, it’s so pretty.

Nice!

very pretty.

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

@FreedomLover - I am picking out stitches now. I am going to try to stitch with the walking foot and see if that helps.

Go team!!!

I used to have one of those house divided flags DD1 and DS went to Purdue, DD2 went to Valparaiso U for undergrad but IU for gradschool!

You should make him a mask. Get to the meeting early and place it at his spot.

@lovestostitch this is for him.

Complete with an organza bag. :slight_smile:

5EA84A95-C458-436D-9281-87A1F97FDDE8.jpeg

Shouldn’t there be a February chatter thread?

Why yes there should! Coming right up.

Well, I’m not sure why the comments didn’t attach themselves to the posts, but… February chatter is here!

@EllenDeKnitter. Thanks for that info! I had never heard of that. I wondered what that number was. There was no dye lot number or even a name or number to identify the color and no gauge info at all other than what people said in the reviews. I really was afraid it would be a terrible quality of yarn but just felt a (very unlike me) urge to just take a chance since it was almost unbelievably cheap. I am so skeptical usually. I’m a firm believer in, “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.” Like a pack of 12 balls at 270 yards each for $35! Lol I hope it holds up. I’ll be hand washing it so I can’t kill it in the wash at least.