December 2022

I recently read about criminals getting into people’s cars if they park on their driveway vs in a garage. They have equipment that can amplify a key fob’s signal. Most people put their key fobs near doors so one guy gets close to the house and another opens the car door. The advice for people who park outside is to keep their fobs secure. The best thing is a faraday bag. This could even happen if you are in a restaurant. I got faraday fob bags for my hubby and son for Christmas. I thought I was secure because my purse has a section that has RFID protection. It doesn’t work for my key fob. I have no idea if it really protects my credit cards. It’s easy to test the key fob. I put my key in that section and pressed my door button. Unfortunately, my door unlocked. If the faraday bags work, I’ll get myself one. They have bigger faraday bags and boxes so you could have one by the door and everyone puts their fobs in it.

3 Likes

I have started my next quilt…. This is for a graduation gift. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

no - I started something simpler to give my brain a rest
the red is not as bright as in the picture - it’s actually darker - this one will be a cardi for myself

2 Likes

Please let me know if this works. I am very interested.

I watched this today. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Isn’t it fun? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

FO Friday :grin:
A super cute Tunisian Crochet dishcloth with a tree embroidered on it. I really like how it turned out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Way too cute to use!

1 Like

I had a rough day yesterday, so, I decided to go to the thrift store to get a hair straightener I plan to use for something not hair related. (found one for $4)

I could not pass up a mystery bag for $1.50. I thought it had the beginning rows of a crochet zig-zag blanket. Nope…lots of granny squares. I am so happy to have this. I do plan on adding some more and making a small blanket.

6 Likes

I finished part of my Christmas tree skirt this week. It is red with sparkly green yarn. I am working on the next segment. Great way to use up the yarn stash. The Christmas green was very well aged and the red was acquired this year, I think. Next up is another well aged green with a med-aged white.
Molly, aka…Molly, Panda, Kitten Pants, approved of my work.

6 Likes

Love this movie! It is cute and funny.

4 Likes

Happy Saturday everyone!

I just sliced my thumb with a rotary cutter. Ouch. Not sure why I did that. Lol

But - sewing on white isn’t a fabulous thing at the moment.

Decided to enjoy the outdoors for a few… and it just started to rain. I think I am batting zero. :joy_cat:

Kitties were groomed today. Mr. Buttons is scared of the outside and car rides. The groomer suggested a pillowcase - said everyone used to use pillow cases before cat carriers…. So - I made him this today. We’ll see how it works.

6 Likes

Ouch! I hope you didn’t get blood on your project.

1 Like

Thankfully I did not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finished a pair of short cut socks. The yarn is Hikoo CoBaSi.

5 Likes

Happy Sunday everyone :slight_smile:

We are on our way to my in-laws for a visit. I brought a pair of socks I am working on. Slow going for sure….

What are you making today???

Oh - my aunt does leather making. I ordered some wallets for my guys - they are awesome. My 16 year old received his this morning - the biggest “this is awesome” smile was on his face. I’m so glad he appreciates the effort and craftsmanship of hand made items. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

this is the view today - with heavy snowfall forecast for the next two days

6 Likes

A regular winter wonderland!

2 Likes

@Char Hope your finger is healing nicely. I am wondering around thinking about which craft to pick up. What I am trying not to do is start another New project. I really need to jump in and pick up something…anything and just work on it. My sewing machine has three projects sitting on it. There are two yarn crafts waiting in the living room and an apron waiting for me at the kitchen table.

How is everyone else doing? Getting their crafting goals met this week?

1 Like

I realized just a few days ago that if I want my Christmas present to get to my nephew and his husband in the Philippines both before Christmas and without having to pay the INSANE shipping prices, I have to have it done and ready to go by this Friday! I know someone who is going over there for the holidays and has agreed to carry it in their luggage and meet up with my nephew to give it to him. It isn’t incredibly complex or large (so it will fit in the luggage), it is a pillow cover with the American flag on one side and the Filipino flag on the other, as my nephew is American and his husband is Filipino. I am sending it empty and they can put a pillow into it, so it will take up very little space in the luggage. I’ve been putting it off because it is easy but now I’ve had to drop everything else and just work on that! I also have another couple of Christmas presents that I need to get done, so I have to keep working on all of them as fast as possible!

3 Likes