December 2022

Happy December 2022!!! I can’t believe the year is nearly over.

@hereami mentioned Hallmark movies - I do enjoy those. Do you have a favorite holiday movie? What is your must watch holiday movie you have in your que?

3 Likes

Just a quick update on my DH. He is up and walking around, doctors are allowing him to eat again, and he has been disconnected from all of his tubes and monitors. They’ll be regularly checking things to make sure there isn’t a relapse.

As soon as there is a room available he’ll be moving to a regular floor. The hospital is currently “full”, but it will be sometime today.

Yay!

5 Likes

So glad to hear of his progress, hope he continues to improve.

2 Likes

My DH is getting released to go home today. As soon as the dr puts in the order and the nurse disconnects his IVs we are ready to roll.

4 Likes

Woo Hoo!! :partying_face:

1 Like

I will try just about any sappy holiday movie I can find on tv or for free somewhere. No harm…I can always turn it off. I just watched one about a woman who wanted to perform on Broadway and then Christmas magic and Romance happens. fun and cute.

Someone on here once recommended one about a Christmas card…that was filmed not to far from where I live. That was a cute one. I should try to find that one again.

Yesterday, I ended up watching an old black and white mystery/suspense movie. It was fantastic and I would encourage people to watch it. NOT a Christmas movie. But, I would definitely watch it again. Lots of famous actors in it.

The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry staring quite a few famous actors.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038123/

3 Likes

I also love a bunch of silly, sappy Christmas movies. My favorite is Holiday in Handcuffs with Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez. It isn’t that old, but I’m sure a lot of people would not consider it PC enough, but I love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

oh my word! handcuffs? I am not so worried about the PC and I am about PG rating. lol.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but I love Christmas movies involving castles, princes, and princesses. And although I liked the book (Skipping Christmas?) better than the movie, I still think that Christmas with the Kranks is pretty funny,

2 Likes

FO Friday:
I have to show off “the girls” before I get them mailed off to my Sister who is giving them to her granddaughters for Christmas. I am thankful to have these done so I can concentrate on my own handcrafted gifts!

7 Likes

Oh no, don’t worry, it’s NOT at all dirty or anything, I promise! The premise is that a 30-something struggling artist is supposed to bring her boyfriend home to meet her family for the first time at Christmas and instead of going with her as he said he would, he dumps her. So she has a minor, shall we say “lapse in judgment” and kidnaps an adorable customer in the little restaurant she is waitressing in and takes him home as her “boyfriend” instead. I say it might not be PC because instead of it being horrible (like an actual kidnapping would be!) it is very sweet and full of heart. There is NO sex or anything (other than one short scene where a little old man misinterprets a few things in a kind of cute way) and it is just really fun and innocent. It comes and goes from various streaming platforms every year, so I finally bought the DVD of it on eBay, just so I can be sure of always having it. This year it is only on Amazon Prime if anyone wants to watch it. And if anyone doesn’t want to or doesn’t like it, I promise I won’t be offended, everyone is allowed to like whatever they want!

1 Like

I watched A Castle for Christmas last night and love it. I adore Christmas with the Kranks! My sister and I are planning to watch it together next weekend because my nephew is flying her and her husband out to the Philippines to be with him and his husband for Christmas. My nephew has lived there for almost 20 years and has come back home for Christmas most years, but this will be the first time that his mom and dad get to be at his house for Christmas and they are all so excited about it. We decided that since they are flying off to the tropics for Christmas, it would be only logical that we watch Christmas with the Kranks together before they leave in 2 weeks!

4 Likes

I love Christmas with the Kranks. I didn’t read the book, I will have to do so!

2 Likes

Oh, those are adorable!

2 Likes

I will check out “Christmas in Handcuffs”. My husband groans when I want to watch one of these types of movies, but he tends to stay engaged to the end! :smile:

2 Likes

i just got a Christmas movie - a Christmas Horror Story with William Shatner. I do love horrors at Christmas, especially ghost stories. But I also love sentimental Christmas films - I will be watching Scrooge the musical with Albert Finney tonight, then A New York Winter’s Tale tomorrow, and Meet Me in St Louis on Monday. I love ballet for the season, too - I always watch at least one version of the Nutcracker, and usually Cherevichki (The Tsarina’s Slippers) and a few others. I do so love the music, the fairytales, the joy of Christmas. So what if we can’t spend as much, have to watch the pennies - it can still be the most wonderful time of the year!

2 Likes

I forgot! I finished my final gnome, Stieg, so here’s the 2022 gang.

And this is Stieg.

9 Likes

We took the 2 oldest granddaughters (the ones who play music) to Notre Dame in South Bend to hear Handel’s Messiah last night. Just got home as we spent the night with them since the program ran late. It was wonderful even though they did not do the whole thing and ended with the Halleluiah Chorus. Although I like that chorus, I think the final Worthy is the Lamb into the Amen Chorus is the best. (Also very difficult to sing as I found out when I sang it with a good chorus.)

7 Likes

Adding to say GD1 was very surprised to see her viola teacher in the orchestra for the performance.

2 Likes

Thank you for mentioning the ballets. I enjoy watching the Nutcracker and will look for the other one.

2 Likes